Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I’m thinking of getting a new iPad. I’ve been looking at the iPad Pro and the iPad Air.
What I’m interested in is the USB-C which is on the new Air. Does this mean there will be eventually memory sticks and such so I can archive junk....and if syncing with a computer I can link my iPad to my Macbook Air and move files.

I like the size of the larger pro and am interested in its camera and video abilities. I’m only Thinking of the Wi-Fi models here.

Mostly it will be used for browsing and doing YouTube video uploads.
Thoughts....

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
I have an iPad Pro, love it. Screen is amazing. You can definitely plug in a USB stick, I have an adapted and works fine, mainly because iPad OS supports external drives now. Think you can do that with the lightening connection, just need an adapter. I do like the USB C as it is the same for charing my MacBook Pro. My iPhone I charge wirelessly so really the old connection is gone for me. Not sure about direct connect with a USB C cable between a computer and iPad, but if you are on the same network you could just use Airdrop and skip connecting altogether.

·
Premium Member
10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an iPad Pro, love it. Screen is amazing. You can definitely plug in a USB stick, I have an adapted and works fine, mainly because iPad OS supports external drives now. Think you can do that with the lightening connection, just need an adapter. I do like the USB C as it is the same for charing my MacBook Pro. My iPhone I charge wirelessly so really the old connection is gone for me. Not sure about direct connect with a USB C cable between a computer and iPad, but if you are on the same network you could just use Airdrop and skip connecting altogether.
Thanx, I’ve been looking at the Air which has the more current processor...but the Pro is more laptop like in functions.......the connect ability will be the decider for me?

·
Registered
559 Posts
[QUOTE="Rps, post: 2735502, member: 28420"
I like the size of the larger pro and am interested in its camera and video abilities. I’m only Thinking of the Wi-Fi models here.
[/QUOTE]
Personally, I would prefer the larger Pro model, But I suggest waiting a bit longer to see what's happening with the new Apple Silicone.
And I believe there are USB-C sticks available already.

Remember, whatever you select, that is what you will have for some time to come, no updating on iPads!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts