Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Macbook Air with M1 Chip.
I cannot log into Safe Mode.I have searched and tried all the solutions from Google and still no joy.
The reason is I seem to have gotten 2 trash bins in my Mac Mail for my Google account. I cannot empty the trash in one of the bins. It deletes but then all the deleted items come back. I have tried all things without access except to log into GMail and delete it from there. One of the solutuins was to try to delete the mailtrash form the Safe Mode. I cannot get into Safe Mode.

·
Premium Member
16,083 Posts
One of the solutuins was to try to delete the mailtrash form the Safe Mode. I cannot get into Safe Mode.
I cannot see how you could fix the problem by using Safe Boot Mode but if you want to try it seems the apple silicone macs seem to want to use a bit different method:

Macs introduce a new system for accessing recovery and security options at startup. This article explains how to use the new boot and recovery interface to start up your computer in safe mode.

Good luck... ;)

EDIT:
Maybe try doing another web search for your actual problem, ie:
mac 2 trash bins in my Mac Mail for my Google account can't empty one

And:

- Patrick
=======

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the solutions to deleting the content of Trash was to boot into safe mode and delete from there.
I actually have 2 problems. One is the duplicate trash bins, one of which I cannot empty.
The other is I cannot boot into Safe Mode.
Booting into safe mode was one of the solutions to emptying the trash bin. Boot into safe and then empty it. Well, that is when I found out I cannot get safe mode.
I did searches for my problems and no joy, that is why I posted here.
I tried your link already to get into safe mode and it did not work.
As for your other links, they do not work either or are not applicable..

·
Premium Member
17,998 Posts
When you say you "cannot boot into safe mode"... what exactly happens? It's just a shutdown; press-and-hold the Power Button until you see the startup options window. Click once to select the startup disk. Hold down "SHIFT" and click the new item that appears, "Continue in Safe Mode".

What part of that chain of events isn't happening for you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not get the "continue in safe mode" option when I reboot the laptop.
Even when I hold the shift key down, I still do not get into safe mode.
I searched and tried all the solutions and cannot seem to get into safe mode.
I even reinstalled Monterey.

·
Premium Member
16,083 Posts
It is a new Macbook Air so I guess I will have to call Apple support.
Hopefully they can help you with the lack of safe boot mode not working, but as I said previously, personally I would doubt if your duplicate trash cans are related to that problem, but maybe they can help you with that problem as well.

I do not use gmail nor any syncing stuff but I would suspect possibly some sort of cloud syncing or duplication or some such thing.

I can remember the days when computers were sometimes actually quite enjoyable to use, nowadays it seems to be a PITA to get everything working properly.

- Patrick
=======

1 - 8 of 8 Posts