Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been out almost five years -- basic design -- and has now been laid to rest by Apple.
http://news.com.com/2100-1041-993081.html?tag=fd_top

Apple (or a 3rd-party) should do a tribute to the 5-coloured CRTs introduced in Jan '99 -- Blueberry, Strawberry, Lime, Tangerine and Grape -- and introduce interchangable glowing bottoms for the LCD iMacs. If you've seen the Griffin PowerMate or the XtremeMac U.F.O. add-on -- http://www.xtrememac.com/formac/ufo.shtml -- you'll know what I mean by "glowing bottom". ;)

Been a great ride.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,651 Posts
If the truth be known, it saved Apple from being a mere "core" back in the late 90's.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Shocked and dismayed ... :eek:

Oh well, they were too expensive lately anyway. Not everyone is a geek like me who will spend as much on their home computer as on their car. (I say that from my admittedly limited point of view)

I guess they're collector's items now, eh?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,651 Posts
Are these iMacs still not being sold to the educational market?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,651 Posts
Are these iMacs still being sold to the educational market? They are fine computers for the primary and elementary grade classroom.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I believe the world would be a whole lot "draber" (if thats a word?) without Apple and its coloured plastics revolution. That said, the "i" thing 's gotta go.
There is a need for colour in our world and thankfully companies like Apple take a risk and start a trend. Long live great industrial design.
Robert

·
Canadian By Choice
117,651 Posts
Robert, as a marketing technique, what are your concerns with Apple's use of the "i-thing"?

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
"i" don't know, "i" guess "i" am just a little tired of "i" this and "i" that by companies not smart enough to invent their own "i" branding/slogan. It was fun while it lasted but when "i" go into a store and see "ibox", "ilamp", or "isock", shake my head in disbelief. It has nothing to do with what the original "i" was to mean.

"i" don't know, maybe "i" need a holiday.
Robert

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
iAgree with robert. iThink iNeed an iBreak...

:cool:

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Apple sent that "i" prefix thru the roof - think if all the Cos that then latched on to that for mrkt reasons?? How about all the translucent casings that then ensued after the iMac dropped? I reacll seeing a Boni Blue VCR. This unit belongs in a history museum somewhere... I think that will hold into mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts