Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the evidence is out for a new 13" MBA apparently, which semi caught me off guard. I was so focused on this 12" MBA retina - which they are now saying will drop in June.

That 13" Air is making a better and better case for one of the best all around units.

But back to that 12" retina Air. They also have some leaked pics of a non functional screen. Here, next to a 13" unit.

Monday could be pretty interesting. Kinda glad the 12" might just get delayed until WWDC - as they're now claiming. I just scooped a 13" MBP to hold me down until then. ;)

But the preowned market will see a shakeup. I'm reading about some new price adjustments since the deltas are getting pretty small and insignificant between units. We'll see.

H!

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Ugh. The 12" Air retina has been rumoured for *so* long now. Wish they'd just release it, but I know Apple will wait till they "get it right". And I know I can't trust the rumour mill to dictate when products come out. But still... :D

Saving my credit card till the 12" Retina.

The problem I see with a MBA refresh right now is that people will buy the new ones. And then at WWDC, many of those people will all be mad 'cause they jsut bought MBA's and now there's a "better" one out.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
In my opinion, if the 12" retina Air rumours we've heard for so long are true then we will probably see it tomorrow. Looking at the rumours, this is a product that likely was supposed to come out last WWDC but got delayed thanks to Intel not delivering Broadwell anywhere near on time. So I don't see why Apple would continue to sit on it at this point.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sat w/ a bunch of web devs last night, and they're all waiting for it (12" rMBA) as well. In fact, most of them were all on MBAs and felt they could never go back to anything bigger. So this rMBA is in many's crosshairs.

I'm also hoping.

·
You are just an illusion
2,856 Posts
OK.. the new Macbook comes with 802.11ABGN only. Where is the AC Wifi? I cannot imagine doing file transfers where it is impossible to plug an ethernet adapter, at least while being charged.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
The first MacBook Air was $1799 USD so more in CAD. People bought that. And it was mostly a "proof of concept". This feels like more of a fleshed out computer. I'm just bummed that $1299 USD is $1549 CAD. :S Wish Apple had brought this out a year ago when $1299 USD was $1299 CAD ;)

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
looks like all the current line stuff got price jacked big time. the non retina 13" went from $1199 to $1349, the high end 15" is now $3049

those 15 pros are $300 more today than they were yesterday if I'm not mistaken. that is just painful considering how long it took to creep to par back when our $ was getting better

·
You are just an illusion
2,856 Posts
1349$ is back to the price the mid-range macbook was back in 2007. But that's brutal for a 3 years old model.

Anyways, it took this much time to be par with US dollars, many of our goods now have increased prices by 30%.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
looks like all the current line stuff got price jacked big time. the non retina 13" went from $1199 to $1349, the high end 15" is now $3049

those 15 pros are $300 more today than they were yesterday if I'm not mistaken. that is just painful considering how long it took to creep to par back when our $ was getting better
Yea, I've noticed everything has gone up today from MacBooks, iMacs, iPhones, iPads, and even the accessories!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea... this new pricing has been very odd. What i felt was prob th best deal out there - the refurb non-retina MBP @ $999 has now gone to $1139. Not that much more, but it's all in the perception. That fourth digit changes everything. So weird. You can get a retina 13" for less... bizarre,

And this pricing may have bolstered some used sellers too. I thought that pre owned market was about to take a kick in the teeth thinking that Apple was going to maintain the current pricing. I guess not - used laps have some hope. Not much though.

I feel like this is return to the early 2000s when all things Apple were $$$ - not that it mattered back then, but it's odd seeing things just creep back upwards...

just bizarre.

H!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.