Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's official... there is NO iLife/04 to be found from Niagara to Toronto (well Missasauga).

I cannot believe that getting this is so hard... this is the same as when I tried getting my Powerbook back in the summer (none were to be found from Niagara to Toronto as well).

I just cancelled my order from the Apple Store as I thought that 02/09/04 was too long to wait (I ordered it the day it was released) and Now I can't even find a copy of it anywhere in NIagara, Hamilton, Burlington or Oakville.

This sucks...

If anyone can point me to where I can get a copy I'd appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RRRrrrrrrrr the term "Instant Gratification" and Apple rarely coincide for me... why is that?

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I hadn't started to call around Toronto yet... I'm in Grimsby so I was hoping for something a little closer.

Oh well looks like a road trip on Wed is the only way to solve this.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or Maybe a Trip to the Apple Store in Buffalo...

Bummer for once the Canadian price is in fact cheaper than the US... but now I have to go down to the states to get it.

Apple should have a BIG BANNER on their website saying iLife/04 LIMITED AVAILABILITY

·
Premium Member
30,995 Posts
We have stacks and stacks in stock and keyboards arriving on Friday to use with it.

We'd appreciate it if you changed the title of this thread since it is incorrect - thanks

In addition to the dozen or so still in stock we have 20 more coming by the weekend.

Part of the problem is this.
YOU think it's a hot deal
APPLE thinks it's a hot deal
WE think it's a hot deal.

The dealer makes $10 on it or less.........soooooo. Draw your own conclusions. :cool:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Did you try:

MacDoc?
Carbon Computing?
Light Computer Centre?
Mainly Mac?
MacWarehouse?

..someone's gotta have one! I've been waiting for mine for over a week now and I've been told that it should ship out from the warehouse either today or tomorrow...

The poor sales rep probably thinks I'm a jerk - I've called him every morning for an update for the past nine days...

:D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ouch, maybe you should have waited to see how Apple did on the shipping.

I ordered iLife and got a 15 business day delivery time... and they shipped it at the end of that day.

I ordered a 12" G4 iBook from Apple's Education Store on Thursday, got an estimated shipping date of Feb 2, only to find out that it shipped this morning. That's a full week ahead of schedule.

Moral of this story? Don't believe Apple's shipping estimates. They ALWAYS overestimate their shipping times. My last 6 orders have all been shipped faster than I was first quoted.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Carbon recieved a large shipment, but were out of them pretty quickly.

We still have a few of the family packs in stock, 5 licenses for $99. If you plan on installing and using these apps on more than one machine this is the legal way to go.

·
Premium Member
30,995 Posts
That's a good deal the 5 pack - we haven't seen them yet likely more from oversight than shortage tho I do recall asking.

Hell iLife 4 is a bargain period - by far the best value for money Apple or for that matter ANY computer maker has EVER offered :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Well it's official... there is NO iLife/04 to be found from Niagara to Toronto (well Missasauga).
Hmmm... I had no idea that there were Mac stores past Oakville! As a matter of fact, can't the road to Vineland get treacherous?

Just kidding ;) But seriously, how many stores are there west of Hamilton/Burlington going around the Golden Horseshoe? :confused:

·
Premium Member
30,995 Posts
Hmmmmph speaks the urban cave dweller ;) ...there be

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Hee-hee! :D

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There are about a half dozen Apple Reseller's between Toronto and Niagara according to Apple...

Mac OutPost (St.Catharines)
Vaxxine (St.Catharines)
Light Computer Center (Hamilton)
Creative Technology (Burlington)
Canadian Computer (OakVille)
RedTag (Missasagua)

And... A couple of CompuCenter's and Futureshop's

I called them all... "Sorry, Out of Stock... but I can special order you one."

OK... MacDoc... do you have any in stock for a Wed or Thursday PickUp? Depending on the Weather

[ January 27, 2004, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: da_jonesy ]

·
Premium Member
30,995 Posts
Yes we have them in stock we have a dozen pieces left and if you can get here no prob

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
You're in Hogtown, Gary. We're talkin' outta town.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts