Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am a loyal reader of macaddict magazine, i noticed on the stands (i have a subscription and it doesn't come until about a week after it hits the stands) that the g5 isn't even mentioned. the g5 was introduced well before this magazine would have been published, and even if it were cutting it close do you not think they would have alotted themselves a rushed article knowing the keynote was going to happen near the end of their deadline. maybe the idea was to write a well written article for the next month, but i want a hard copy with lots of pictures and tech specs NOW!

p.s. i still love the magazine.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Mac Addict is about a month and a week ahead of the curve, they went to press before the G5 was announced,

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I haven't really been watching paper magazines too much lately, but they are usually 1-2 months behind the times. I've never seen that change, even with breaking news.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I used to draw pictures for Cycle Canada magazine in the early nineties and the "lead time" was about three months and change. In early October they would pretty much have the Christmas issue all done and ready to go to press, for example.

I am pretty sure that all other magazines are about the same (I drew for a bunch of them over the years). I also suspect that the 'lead times' haven't changed all that much. Cycle Canada was always on the leading edge of desktop publishing and was very computer driven, even then.

It still took three months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts