Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

No Canada Apple store any time soon?

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Trevor... 
#1 ·
In Apple's press release today touting 20 new Apple Stores to be opened in the next 12 months, they make a big deal out of announcing their first Store outside the country ... but it's in Tokyo.

Only 3 of the 20 stores are discussed but I figure if they were opening more than one outside the US they'd probably have mentioned it.

Sigh ...

#2 ·
I wouldn't hold my breath for an Apple store any time soon.

They are still in the process of hiring staff for the Future Shops in the GTA. It doesn't appear they are in any hurry to open a retail store.

Edit: I see they have finally finished hiring.

[ May 20, 2003, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: adagio ]

#3 ·
what about that whole Carbonation refit into a new store? Is that not the 'unofficial' Mac store for GTA??

#4 ·
I haven't seen Carbon's new store yet. Sounds like it may be impressive. I purchased my mac from them 3 years ago and have always been impressed with their sales and service. I wish them well in the new location.

However, that is still a private reseller and in no way could be confused with Apples retail establishments. I've been to the Buffalo store and the flagship Soho location. Soho would impress even the most jaded shopper.

It's all about location and let's face it, Carbon is NOT going to entice switchers off the street.

#7 ·
I was in Buffalo a few weeks ago for a show and planned on going to the store. my whole day was set back and ended up arriving in Buff afterhours, Boo.... Will go back soon. I want to see that store!! I'll end up taking pics knowing me!

#8 ·
You haven't lived until you've seen an Apple store. :D

Here is a pic that I took inside the Soho store on opening day last July during MacWorld.. The fella beside me is another ehMac member, Mississauga.
This pic is taken in the theatre/training area. In the background is row after row of software.

#11 ·
I wouldn't read an awful lot into that, plus most people were caught off guard when the Canadian online Apple store was introduced. It just kinda showed up one day.

I have been to a number of Apple Stores in California, I can see why some would like them, but I think the unwashed masses would find them very intimidating. I don't really know what to make of the staff, I admire their genuine enthusiasm... but they didn't seem to have the knowledge you would find in a run of the mill mac dealer.

I saw a woman asking the mac genius if she could use her laser writer in Mac OS X and the guy didn't appear to know what a laser writer was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.