Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, l just got the Ds browser and have to say that it is pretty bad. l will get into details later.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Please do. I was thinking of picking it up myself so I am curious as to why you think its pretty bad.

Trev

·
CIO of CYA
3,857 Posts
Is this browser free? I have Opera on my Wii, it was free.
(it's nice to be me. Maybe I'll climb a tree. Why don't you come and see?)

·
Registered
968 Posts
No, its not free. It comes on a regular DS cartridge and it uses a memory add-on cartridge that plugs into the GBA port of the DS.

Trev

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it is very slow, in many ways. Images take forever, but even turning them off doesn't increase the speed by that much. When typing text in, you have 2 options, keypad or handwriting. Both suck. The keypad is tiny, as expected, but takes a few tries to get the characters you want, and not the ones beside it. The handwriting recognition suck, but less, because it can't recognize a lot. I do like the controls however, they feel very natural.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Well, it is very slow, in many ways. Images take forever, but even turning them off doesn't increase the speed by that much. When typing text in, you have 2 options, keypad or handwriting. Both suck. The keypad is tiny, as expected, but takes a few tries to get the characters you want, and not the ones beside it. The handwriting recognition suck, but less, because it can't recognize a lot. I do like the controls however, they feel very natural.
Yeah, every review I read commented on how slow it is. Thats probably a deal breaker for me, then.

As for keypad entry and hitting the right character, try calibrating your stylus and see if that helps..I dunno, just reaching here.

Trev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.