Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I too, agree with the statements of support and praise for Lars' undertaking. Kudos.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks like a nice forum,Lars. I have a slight problem viewing it Lars. I'm in OS 9.2.1 using IE 5.1.6 and I'm getting that green rectangle in the middle of text . Making it dificult to read whats under the box. Is this just happening to me?

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
At the moment, the only browser that displays Inside Apple properly is Safari. Go figure.

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
Looks good initially, There is some minimal overlap with I.E. 5.2.3, But that's to be expected.
I got one error for the "Why Register", When I clicked it, I got the usual 404 error.

Not Found
The requested URL /services/whyregister.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Nice job though.

Dave :cool:

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Thanks for the compliaments, people.

I designed the web site using Dreamweaver 4, which almost always produces invalid HTML code. If I would of hand-written Inside Apple, it would of been far more browser-friendly, but I don't know enough advanced HTML to do it that way. For now, yeah, Safari is the way to view it for now. Even thought IA just launched a while ago, I'm getting an increasing amount of complaints that it doesn't work in IE, etc - so the site redesign is being considered as of now. Not a complete redesign, but a change to make it a little more IE friendly so text doesn't roll off the screen, etc, undes these browsers.

And thanks for pointing out the broken link - I will get on that.

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
After logging in...My options in the forums are: