Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is Apple Inc.'s new OS X Leopard looking more like the old Nextstep OS than all the previous versions of OS X ever have in the past?

I'm staring at my Macbook Pro's screen as I type this in Safari and I notice that all the new menubar colour schemes are a gradiated grey.

I know that OS X and all of its iterations are born of Nextstep's OS and Apple bought Nextstep OS and brought Steve Jobs back to the fold circa 1997 and therefore some Nextstep design should appear in OS X, I just thought that it would have been more so in the earlier versions of OS X rather than the latest Leopard incarnation.

Maybe after watching the Nextstep demo video on YouTube has clouded my mind and I'm seeing only what I want to see...still I can't shake that nagging feeling that Nextstep OS is showing it's head more now than in the past 6 or 7 years since OS X beta.

Here is the link to the NeXTstep video on YouTube for those who have never seen it before.

YouTube - NeXTSTEP Release 3 Demo

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
OS X basically is NeXTStep with a new GUI over top of it. Of course, there have been tons of re-writes to make it happen, but essentially, we are using an old school OS that never caught on until it because OS X :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.