Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
541 - 560 of 1156 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Stock will eventually get better, the big question is when. I read an article today that reported half of the Apple Stores in the US are sold out of iPhone 4's, nearly two months after launch.

I would rather spend a few hours in line now, then still without an iPhone 4 in October.

·
 iPhone4 & iMac
13 Posts
I called today to see if Bell could tell me the status of my iP4 order and was told that my credit card was processed on Tuesday so it will be here either tomorrow (Friday) or Monday or Tuesday. She indicated 3 to 5 days after cc processing is when they get delivered.

At least if you order your phone online, you're in the queue.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Don't think it says delivered, I believe it says "ships in three weeks". That would put it closer to 4 weeks or up to 8 weeks.
In my experience once it actually ships (and you have a tracking number) ups and/or fedex are pretty quick to deliver, I've been truly amazed at how fast stuff makes it from china on more than one occasion... Apple is also usually fairly conservative about estimated ship dates... If anything I'd expect it to ship early... I know that's what happened with a printer I recently got... Estimate was 2 months due to the rebate if you buy a new Mac it shipped in less than a week...

·
Apple Enthusiast
881 Posts
well.. let us know what you find out. I'm dying to know whether or not they actually got some in today.
Stopped in, they didn't have any, and just said we don't know when we're getting more :confused:. Very useful information! ... NOT! :clap:

·
Registered
5 Posts
In Montreal, there was a line-up in front of the Apple Store on Ste-Catherine. I have gone to Rogers Plus around 1 pm, which is located at 5 minutes from the Apple Store. I waited for about 10 minutes, then I left with an iPhone 4. They received many iPhone today. I also learned that this is the biggest Rogers store in Canada, so maybe this is why they received more iPhones than other stores. For people in Montreal, that could be a good place to go, instead of the Apple Store.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is frustrating, I sold my iPhone yesterday and I'm on days for the next two weeks so I don't have the option of standing in line. I walked into my rogers plus store and they said they have only received one shipment since the release and it was for 5 phones, what a joke. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I can get one around where I live which is Markham or should I just wait it out?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I was at Rideau today shopping for some other things, so I thought i'd stop by the Apple store to see if they got any in. A really friendly girl told me they had people lining up around 8am, and they received some iPhones sometime during the morning, but obviously sold out quickly. She mentioned they hate telling people over the phone they have some in stock, only to have the person rush over to find out they are sold out.

We all have to remember that it is nearly impossible for any Rogers or Apple Store clerk to tell us when their next shipment is. These things are coming from UPS or FedEx, and sure they can be tracked, but even still, that isn't always accurate. Furthermore, the store may not even have the ability to track the order, as it isn't something they have ordered directly, it is something being distributed to them. Rather than getting frustrated with the Rogers and Apple Store clerks, maybe vent a little higher up, to the people that could be/should be passing that sort of info off to their sales teams.

Just a thought, i mean no offense!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was just in Rogers when my father got his iPhone 4, the Rogers in Fairview Mall in Toronto is where we got it. The Rogers guy said, they are told when to expect shipments, and it seems to be Mondays or Tuesdays. We waited until Tuesday two days ago, called in, and they reserved one for us because my dad was with Telus before and was signing a new 3 year contract with a new number and everything. The Rogers in Fairview only received 3 or 4 iPhone 4's and they were all 16GB they haven't gotten any 32GB yet from what ive heard. Also, the same day we went in on Tuesday, the Apple Store two spots away in the mall received somewhere between 150-200 iPhone 4s. There was a HUGE line of people waiting to get the phone. So I would say Tuesday would be the day to go to Fairview Mall if you live anywhere near there in Toronto.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone know for sure whether or not the Apple Rideau store got Iphone 4s in today?
Not sure why or if it matters. The problem right now is simple. Whatever they get in a day is sold out almost certainly on the same day. That is why if you do need an iPhone 4 now and unlocked, you either show up there every single day in the morning and line up, praying for the UPS people to have any on their shipment or you order online and wait three weeks.
If you are close to Rideau you can simply show up every day at lunch and if you see a line, get into it. That is how I was able to buy two 32GBs on Wednesday.
As you do not qualify for the upgrade I would simply buy it online.

CR

541 - 560 of 1156 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.