Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea when the next generation of G5's are to be released. Was just wondering if there would be a price reduction on the Dually if this were to occurr. Also if I remember correct Apple has had a promotion where they offer a rebate if you buy a display and a Tower at the same time. Is there any sort of time if and when these promotions usually come out, I am sure this was some time late in the year last time. :D :D

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
We won't see any new G5's before Macworld Expo 2004, that's for sure, but I'm hoping myself that new model G5's will be introduced at the Expo.

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
I'm waiting for Jan 04 Macworld to see if Apple will announce a rev g5 to replace my aging but trusty Sawtooth g4.... I bought the 1st gen 12" Powerbook back in Feb 03, so I can wait to replace the desktop.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I'm about to can the old sawtooth G4 as well. I'm going to give it to my dad when I buy my new G5.

But the darned thing still works so well. I'm doing major Photoshop and Final Cut stuff...and the sawtooth seems to be just fine with it. 70 gigs of HD and a gig of RAM help...but it still seems to be a very competent machine.

Wonder how many owners of four year old PC's can say the same thing? :confused: :eek: ;)

Love my Mac! :cool: :D

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
I hope the dual config trickles down into the mid-level G5 Powermac. If I was to go G5, I'd try as hard as I could to go dual.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
My guess is we won't see a new G5 before end of Feb. 2004

I'm another G4/400 owner anxiously waiting for the dual to drop down at least a notch. I have to say though, with the Panther install my old machine seems as good as the day I bought him.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Me too, man! Check out my post, here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts