Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
281 Posts
riiiiiiight....
why are you so anti-PC?
i gotta admit, it's the software that won my migration to the mac... not the speed.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'scuse me?

I didn't pick the G5, and neither did a buncha Mac lovers. I'm simply reporting that "Microprocessor Report Analysts" (notice how there's not a single occurrence of "Mac" or "Apple" in their name?) chose the G5 over the other processors. I'm not making this up.

And besides, it's not ALL about you, right? You "switched" because of the software and not the speed, right? Well, the speed is there if you ever need it -- and there are others out there who do need speed AND the great apps and OS who will welcome this news.

And besides... this is A MAC SITE, for Pete's sake. I never thought I or anyone would be criticized for being overzealous HERE.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Let's call it antiWindows - it's a crime when a substandard OS rules the marketplace - PCs are fine - except they don't run the MAC OS

·
Registered
802 Posts
It's not about pro-Mac or pro-PC or anti - anything. It's about the competition that drives the manufacture of faster, more capable and more efficient processors. Everyone benefits.

My $0.02

·
Registered
136 Posts
Agreed... it's lack of competition however that is the reason why windows is still crap although it was IBM and Apple's business blunders which handed Microsoft their market share... because of that we have to pay a fortune to run a Mac operating system... as I said before PCs themselves are just fine as blasphemous as this may sound to some...

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
And besides... this is A MAC SITE, for Pete's sake. I never thought I or anyone would be criticized for being overzealous HERE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts