Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've recently purchased a new iMac which comes with a built-in webcam. I just have one quick question. I want to view the webcam here at work (I have a Mac here as well), but I don't know how to set it up since my work computer is a bit older, doesn't have a webcam and is running 10.4.10. We have 10.5 at home. I did sign up for a trial .Mac to use iChat, but I keep getting a disconnected message here at work. Would it be possible there's a firewall here that's preventing me from using iChat. I am able to use MSN and Yahoo no trouble. Which brings me to my next question. Would I be able to use Yahoo at home and here at work, and have the webcam work? Thanks for reading my babble!

G

·
You need 2 different iChat accounts to do what you're talking about. It only allows one username to connect in one place at a time, so both clients are probably kicking each other out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. I thought we'd created two different accounts, but that's probably what happened! I did try setting up the webcam through Yahoo and it worked fine. It's just video only. Do you know if there is anything out there that will do voice as well?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.