Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a couple of new toys at WWDC today, namely Panther and an iSight.

iSight is probably the best webcam I've ever tried (not to mention the coolest). The image quality is great, and it integrates quite nicely with iChat AV.

I don't think the jump to Panther will be as profound as the jump to Jaguar. The new features are cool (Expose is amazing; I'd upgrade to Panther just for it), but I can see some users sticking with Jaguar simply because it works. Heck, Apple is making iChat AV available for Jaguar (I don't think they did anything like that for Puma).

Oh, and I got a chance to play with a dual G5 today. Gah. It's fast. Very fast. I'm trying to figure out how I can bring a GIANT ALUMINUM COMPUTER without C cluing in that I've bought yet another gadget.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
You're running Panther? Legally? I want!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Lars...

Don't even go there... NDAs and stuff like that...

John

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Ok. ;)

-- zips mouth shut --

·
Registered
19 Posts
jfp was at the WWDC conference and is a developer. He got the Panther preview and the freebie iSight.

Lucky #$%@&$!!!

jfp, thanks for the photo. Please post more of your opinions about Panther and the G5. We wanna know it all!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
ENVY!!! Gah, I'm green! ;)

So, jfpoole what can you tell us about Panther? Is Expose going to be a feature we wonder how we lived without as most people believe?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
How was your presentation? Automatic Dr.G. has gone gold in NYC I hear. How did you get the text-generator to speak in a New York accent?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts