Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone!

I'm new to the boards here. I just wanted to introduce myself and say 'hi'. The only Mac I have is a 233 mhz original Bondi blue...married life doesn't permit me to afford a new iBook, but when I can afford it that'll be my next Mac purchase. (I'm still working on converting my Windoze husband).

I think it's cool that I've finally found a spot for Canadian Mac enthusiasts. BTW I'm from around Kingston, Ontario.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Welcome to ehMac! If you ever need some Mac help, just post and we'll gladly help you out. I know the frustration of converting PC users to the Mac... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Welcome to ehMac , Leanne!
We discuss all kinds of things here with an emphasis on Mac stuff, but feel free to join in any bits of chatter that go on. There 's always room for more voices, opinions, help, questions, answers, or intersting tidbits that you might like to share

Perhaps in a couple of years , I will get a new iBook too, I love the portability of them.

Enjoy yourself in the ehMac community!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
We should bring back the Introduce Ourselves thread (fixed up or something however). Great to meet you Leanne! To find out info about members, click on their profile button, and also give the ehMac Directory a shot.

Also, the community has a few extra goodies that have been made, and you may want to try them out. We have an IRC Chat room available ( Details ). Welcome to the community, and have a good time!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome Leanne.

iBook is an excellent choice to move up from the bondi blue iMac. I had one of those myself once. Loved it. Now it's at a friend's house, used mostly for surfing the net.

There are some great people here. I check this site daily.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome Leanne,

I just helped my Mom move from Montreal to Catriaqui Woods... Are there any good Apple Resellers in Kingston?
I always drift into Tir'na nog or the Kingston Brewing Company and never go shopping...

Once she is settled, she want to get online...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! This seems like a great place to hang out.

JAMG: That's neat that you visited the Kingston area. Unfortunately there aren't many good Apple Resellers here. Queen's University and Altair are about the only ones for servicing. I've had to deal with Altair and their service is horrible. I can recommend a good online service provider for your mom though...Kingston Online Services are excellent! I've been with them for six years now.

Nice meeting everyone! I look forward to chatting with you all on the board.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Welcome.. I've only be around here for a few days *looks at counter* *1700 posts* Man, I need some sleep..

Just kidding, I've been around for a while.. hope to chat with you soon..

Cheers,

RtC

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Hey Leanne...welcome to ehMac! I think you'll find that this group can be indispensible in helping to solve the occasional bug with Macs. It's also a great resource for advice when the time comes to buy a new machine.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Welcome to the neighborhood! In case you hadn't figured it out yet...we ROCK!!! ;) :D

People are great here! The dicussions are fun and can get lively and are almost always civil! Tee hee hee...

Keep working on your hubby...he will come around eventually.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Leanne,

Welcome to the forum! You'll notice this group seems to have endless knowledge (and opinions) on just about everything.

While I don't post often I do lurk (read) daily and I've learned everything from how to setup a wireless network to how to tap my first keg to the many adventures of Dr. G's doxies.

I hope your ehMac experience will be as enriching as mine has been so far. :D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,524 Posts
Mink Tea, I shall send you a first edition autographed copy of "A Mac Lover's Guide to Dachshunds", soon to be published by Little Debbie's Den o' Doxies Publishing Co. :D

Greetings, Leanne, and welcome to ehMacLand.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dr. G: Looking forward to receiving this priceless tome. Can the doxies autograph it too?

BTW- My Girlfriend and I are considering getting our own doxie... do you have any advice/info for me? I'll start a new thread in the Anything Goes section.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,524 Posts
Mink Tea, all doxie related questions should be placed in the Shangri-la ClubHouse, so as not to raise concerns of others. Merci.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Settle down boyz! I didn't get this much attention when I inlisted. now behave yourselves or you'll scare he away.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm not usually that excited about these"welcome" type threads, but I gotta say that this is a great forum for getting help and answers.

I've posted 2 questions in the last week or so, and recieved detailed answers in MINUTES, not hours or days.

This is one of the best forums on the net for getting great info when you actually need it, not next week.

So,uhhh, welcome. You're in good hands here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts