Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Here's a new switch ad for everybody:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I used to spend a lot of my time smuggling PCs into Canada. I would find them cheap in Washington State and stuff as many as I could into my 1968 Chevy Nova II. I figured, "hey, the government takes all my money, maybe I should take some back!" Plus, I figured, everyone wants a cheap PC and nobody gets hurt, right?

Business was going great until all of a sudden, one day, the border guard was, like, "hey, whatcha got in your trunk?"

I was, like, "what do you mean, I don't have anything in my trunk."

He replied, "there's a long trail of PC parts behind your car there, eh."

I was, like...busted. The border guard was quite nice and he told me not to do it again. All he did was take all the PCs from my trunk and destroy them. What was I thinking? How did my life turn out like this?

I should have know better. PCs always break down and there's always a trail of broken parts.

It was at that time that I decided to switch. From now on, I only smuggle Apples into the country and boy has my life changed. No more small pieces falling out of my trunk. I can even dress up the iMacs to look like people so I can use the HOV lanes. Man, what a time saver on the I-5 from Seattle!

My name is James, and I'm an Apple smuggler.<HR></blockquote>

I wonder if the ad should sound more like an Ellen Feiss or more Janie Porche?

If it was more Janie Porche, I could probably have a great ending line. Something like:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>My name is James and I save Canadian consumers money.<HR></blockquote>

James

PS: I'm just being a bit silly, no harm intended to anyone who may have or may be contemplating a career of this type.

PPS: No cats were harmed in the creating of this post.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,530 Posts
j_s, cute, but cutting. I would agree with RtC re the "low blow". As well, maybe no cats were hurt, but a low blow is very painful if you are a doxie. Watch your ankles.....................

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by james_squared:

I was, like, "what do you mean, I don't have anything in my trunk."
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From my experience, I believe the correct answer is "Trunk? What trunk?".

And I can tell you, after the strip search is done and all the fines are paid, me and the Customs officers just stand around laughing out loud for what seems like hours...

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
RtC typed:
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Low blow alert.. Low blow... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is that a Pamela Anderson joke? :D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,530 Posts
I thought that a "low blow" is what one does when blowdrying a doxie after his/her bath???
:D

Sorry, that one was just sitting out there waiting for a H.Youngman retort.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Mother Theresa was not known as a Mac fan and, besides, she and Pamela Anderson are female and therefore massively under-represented here. Maybe the sex disequilibrium is due to the ehMac icon?

To partially make up for the lack of the female gender, a certain breed of "low profile" dog owners is over-represented.

At least ehMac isn't going to attract guys looking to meet future significant others.

I think that door slam was macspectrum.... Spring is here!!!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Okay, I am apparently way too stupid. I really don't get the responses in this thread...

Low blow? For what?

:cool:

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
used to be jwoodget typed from his knees:
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I think that door slam was macspectrum.... Spring is here!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. I never slam doors.
2. Sprint has sprung.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Stop prodding with that stick already! It's freakin 8C outside at its 12:30 in Toronto. Spring has sprung macspectrum!!!!! Now if only the piles of slimey shite along the roads would just wash away......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts