Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the Macbooks have been speed bumped to faster processors. So now is a great time to look for deals on the recently discontinued models.

The white model now comes in a 2.0 GHz ($1,099US) or 2.16 GHz ($1,299US) configuration, and the black 'Book clocks in at 2.16 GHz ($1,499US). All models feature Intel Core 2 Duo processors, 1GB of memory standard and larger hard drives - up to 200GB (The factory hard drive sizes are 80GB, 120GB and 160GB, respectively).

Any idea of the Canadian pricing yet? The strong 89¢ Canuck buck should factor into the pricing, right?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Although they provide about $200 of extra value with no increase in price, I am disappointed with the MacBook upgrades. I had heard rumours that they might be upgraded with the Santa Rosa chip, which would have meant a better video card and a bigger bus. What I'm really interested in now is the long-overdue upgrade to the Mini, but the speedbump upgrade to the MacBook doesn't give me hope that we'll see anything new on the mini, other than perhaps a core 2 duo chip instead of core duo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts