Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really excited about it and their live earth concert performance wasn't very strong. He was a bit of dick when he told the crowd to buy his CD and not copy it. But the thing that annoys me the most is radio people mispronouncing the name!

Zeitgeist like Zite-guy-st, no Zeet-geest. It's a real world, it's German but used in English you think somebody would've clued in. I've listened to CFOX in Vancouver and Edge102 in Toronto and both butcher it.

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
The Smashing Pumpkins have never really translated well live, I saw them back in the day and was extremely disappointed.

I'm suprised that a band whos last album (minus the greatest hits) was released via internet would take a stance like that. But I guess a lot has changed in 7 years, and I should appologise to Billy, because I didn't listen.

Now to Zeitgeist, after listening to it a few times, I have to say it sounds like a Billy Coregan solo effort. Had I never been unfortunately exposed to Zwan or his solo disgrace, and this was released soon after the last album, I may have a different opinion. If it wasn't for Jimmy on the drums, I think most of the songs would suck. The thing I've noticed the most is his own back-up vocals on most of the songs, for some reason I am finding it quite annoying.

But I'm trying to like it, I just wish I didn't have to try so hard.

On a side note, I am really digging the new White Stripes, it took a couple of time through, but it's growing on me. Talk about another disappointment live though.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Aren't there only 2 original members in this new Smashing Pumpkins band? If so, I guess Billy has the rights to the name.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts