Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PosterBoy:
The new Safari (B1 v60) is available through your software update system preference! Nifty!

--PB
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is?

I see that they say that it is, but when I run SUpdate only iPod and AirPort software updates show up.

Humf!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just got it thru the software update control panel.

Great stuff Apple!

John

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'm using it right now, and I find that it allows me to access a few sites I couldn't before because of certificate problems (although Safari Enhancer does fix this). Also, it seems to behave better with Sympatico - I can now customize my Sympatico page like I can with other browsers. I'm hoping that by the the time this is off beta, I'll never need another browser again because this one is great!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I can now log into Hotmail without trying to fool the site. Although the "Empty Folder" button didn't work (Already fired off another bug report aout it) i was able to manipulate all the other features...

So odd to NOT see ads in the page that get auto-blocked! Woot! Stop MS Propaganda! Yes! heheh...

Sorry, jazzed about the improvements so far...

:cool:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I am just typing away and then, *POOF!*

I tried to use a smilie... and :D

Damn. the cursor still jumps

Oh well...

:cool:

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Looks good to me too. I reported a problem with the Air Canada web site (no, the problem was not related to how crappy AC is or what it serves in place of food - those of bugs of a different type) and the new beta loads the site perfectly. Nice to see active progress.

Also, for news on Safari from one of its programmers, check out
Dave Hyatt's weblog.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
A very, very good update. Many sites display more properly now than they did before. Well worth the small download.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I'm finding it running slightly faster, and they fixed the cookie problem!!! No more Red Leafs when its an old thread :D :D
I like it :D

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Why is it that when I get the info about Safari under File, it says I have 1.o beta version 51- I thought this download was version 60?

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
That's weird. I had Software Update do the download for me and now i have version 6.0. I previously downloaded it off VersionTracker and installed it myself.

·
Premium Member
17,980 Posts
Whoo Hoo! (insert Homer Simpson bbicon here)

The updated Safari now has Drag 'n' Drop !

Go forth and let they clippings multiply....

:D
M

1 - 14 of 14 Posts