Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone wants to take a gander, RtC checks out a Crucial PC133 512MB SODIMM on this TiBook 15" G4-400 and provides comparative benchmarks with iApps, the Finder, and Adobe applications - before and after the RAM upgrade. Installation picts are included.

Please let me know if you'd like Envy News to continue providing Macintosh-platform reviews. Your guidance would be of great help - thanks!

Crucial PC133 512MB SO-DIMM Review

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oooh - heh - a little sidenote; EhMac's very own 'jfpoole' will be writing at least one Mac-related review on Envy.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Thanks Patrick, but hard to do.. hard to benchmark on the Mac, no simple little freeware app out there...

Cheers,

RtC

P.S. If you know of any freeware apps, or shareware apps to benchmark, please PM me and I will check them out.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
RtC commented:
Thanks Patrick, but hard to do.. hard to benchmark on the Mac, no simple little freeware app out there...
Just count the ticks! How hard could it be!

:cool:

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Neil,

Absolutely!!! It's really good to see references to Mac uses of dual and single platform hardware and the Envy reviews are very thorough. BTW, here's my thorough review of a new 15 gig iPod. This thing freakin ROCKs!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all for the kind words. I took them to heart - expect a battery of new Mac-only reviews to come this spring/summer!

As for now, RtC has fired-up a review of the Macally rfMouseJr. - a cordless RF mouse with recharging dock. Very cool for IceBook users!

http://www.envynews.com/review.php?ID=441

ps - i'm putting together a 'Mac-Only' contest; stay tuned for details!

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
RtC - "P.S. If you know of any freeware apps, or shareware apps to benchmark, please PM me and I will check them out."

Just thought you were looking for suggestions.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Neil...been trying to get ahold of you...any info on the News Writing bit for Envy News?

thx

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Miss; thanks for the suggestions.. it is an excellent application that I've tried on several occasions. I love using it when testing out new ram or a new HD.

Feel free to mention any applications to me...

Cheers,

RtC

1 - 17 of 17 Posts