Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kind of stuck on which iPod I should get for my workouts, the new Nano or the Shuffle.
If I could have some other opinions on which one would be best for this it would be great.
I do a lot of jogging and I also go right into the gym after so I would really want it to not get in the way, but I want to still be able to easily navigate and such.
I am stuck so I don't know what I should do, it's either one, or the other and I can't seem to decide.

·
IAMSTIG
2,676 Posts
For running outside the shuffle is perfect. Personally though I prefer to watch video if I'm running on a treadmill in which case the nano (or touch) work better. If this is to be your only iPod get the nano.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this will basically be my only iPod because when i use my iphone for jogging it is very bulky and is very hard to do all this with. the battery on the 3G is also horrible and runs out fast which is a pain if i need to use my phone for other purposes afterwards.
Thanks for the reply, it was lots of help.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
I would suggest a refurb 2G shuffle. The 3G shuffle with the controls on the cord prevents you from using other types of headphones, and the ones that are included are uncomfortable and not that great for workouts.

The 2G model is also smaller I think.

Luc

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
By far, the iPod Nano. Far more useful, and you can actually get a decent number of tracks onto it when compared to the feeble storage of a Shuffle, so you won't have to keep downloading to it over and over, well, unless you like to listen to the same dozen or so tracks over and over again...

·
IAMSTIG
2,676 Posts
You can get plenty of songs on a shuffle...you typically have a pretty small set of songs you want to run with and since you have an iPhone already for video etc I say get a shuffle...its designed for your needs.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, thanks guys.
I purchased my Shuffle about 2 hours after i posted, i realized that the nano was not worth it after all.
and i just got back from a jog/workout and the shuffle was amazing the first time out.
there was no large iPod or iPhone that i needed to carry in my hand or put in my pocket and have bounce around my whole run making it harder for me to jog.
It was simply clipped onto my shirt and just went.
the 2Gb capacity is perfect because I know i will never go through 500 songs in one workout and I was able to put my workout playlist on my shuffle which was very convenient.
The shuffle was the right choice. thanks for all your suggestions and everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts