Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Heh... Well, since I am trying to remove all traces of M$ from my home computer, all I can think is "And I care.... why?"

With iChat, who needs anything else?

;)

:cool:

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never seen iChat on a PC.. well, there are tons of people out there that use MSN for some foggy reason and well, I want to talk to them too..

Cheers,

RtC

P.S. Are you stil lurking around here..I miss you on EN...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RicktheChemist:
P.S. Are you stil lurking around here..I miss you on EN...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm around a bit, but between work, sleep and my Zelda addiction (which picked up right in the middle of my Animal Crossing addiction) I don't get much web surfing these days.

I get some at work, but it's sporadic at best.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RicktheChemist:
I've never seen iChat on a PC.. well, there are tons of people out there that use MSN for some foggy reason and well, I want to talk to them too..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use Proteus. Supposedly alpha quality but I find nothing to complain about. Handles my ICQ, Yahoo and MSN nicely.

(guilt-ware, 10 USD)

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
was it me - or was there an issue with P2P with this? Or was it ICQ that I had trouble transfering files with (PC 2 MAC)? Not sure. May try this, may not... Not a huge Messenger guy. Not even tried iChat yet.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Yeah, maybe MSN won't be so sluggish. Although I use Proteus, for some reason I have to start up MSN or ICQ (the official app) in order to send files. >.< Anyone know why?

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Just installed 3.5... I think my jaw broke with it hitting the floor. Its NICE. VERY VERY nice. Did I mention that it looks good? Or that it looks like an actual X app, and well the Win version is well beyond ugly? Kudos the MacBU!!! This looks nice and no more crashing :D

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
A "history" or as they call archiving conversations. Can be good if you accidentally close one of your conversations.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

Just started taking a look at Proteus. It seems pretty neat how it can use all those instant messengers all in one. It does seem a bit slow and I wonder if it's a bit of a memory hog. That's why I like the Mac Messenger because it's quick, simple, and it is certianly not intrusive on my desktop.

I don't have enough experience with MSN to know what has changed.

I've started using the MSN service because our ICQ hasn't been working all that well lately; missing messages and what not. I think it might have something to do with the network settings at the office, but I'm not too sure.

James

1 - 13 of 13 Posts