Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Apple re-launched its 1984 Mac today with the snazzy iPod addition. They reminded you of this great Apple advertising...hoping to jar memories of January 24.

What do you think the chances of Apple launching a hot new Mac on THIS January 24th are? It sure would be a fantastic press opportunity for them.

Personally, I think we will see some big Mac announcement on January 24, 2004 to mark the wonderful 20th b-day of the Mac. Man...I should be a Mac analyst for some hot web site.
;)

Any thoughts???

·
Registered
507 Posts
Apple nearly always releases new Macs or refreshes 3-weeks after the latest Expo. January 6. January 24. That's what.... 18 days? I hear eMacs and iMacs should get a refresh soon, and perhaps we'll see 1.8, 2.0D, and 2.2D G5 PowerMac configs too. Just like the 'Yikes' PowerMac G4-350, the G5-1.6 should be canned and taken out with a bazooka. The 1.8-singleproc should replace it, with a lower price tag, and 2.0 Dual and 2.2D or 2.4-singleproc as the top-end. I think the rumored 'iBox' won't see the light of day until Boston MW Expo, and like Jobs said "We'll be releasing lots of 20th-Anniversary Mac products in 2004".

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
An announcement of a G5 revised line-up about that time would be nice. I'm waiting.

Neil, I'll agree with you about the 1.6 GHz machine. I'll be surprised if it's still around very much longer. It's my belief the G5's should be dual right across the line. Eventually, I think this will be the case when the G5 laptops are released.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The only way to celebrate 20 years of Mac, would to kill of the eMac, and current iMac, and on the 24th release a brandnew 3rd generation iMac, with a G5 at the current eMacs price point.

Now that would be something to celebrate!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Not sure that they'll be getting rid of the iMac anytime soon. Just dropped a 20 incher. Killing the eMac?? Hmmm... not to sure, Are we to get rid of the entry level?? We could, being that Apple is pushing the lap and that they can get the iBook G4. That could be true.... @ least would make some sense. But I like what the eMac does @ $1499. 80 G w/ Superdrive...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.