Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pleased to announce the launch of my new Mac column on GlobeTechnology.com. The first one is here.

The iThink column is aimed at switchers and potential switchers, not hard-core Mac-heads, but I hope you folks will enjoy it, too.

I've also completely redesigned my TechStuff.ca site, adding a new section where old columns will be archived. If you have a moment, please drop by and take a peek.

Happy Monday!
SMc

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sandy:

I liked it! Hopefully it'll get the potential switchers to actually switch.

Best...

John

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Brilliant!!! Great news Sandy. Good luck with the new column and thanks for all you've given the Canadian computing community over the past few years.

iThink therefore iAm Canadian.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Fantastic!! Best wishes... I was just about to bounce my subscription to the G&M - don't have as much time as I used to, but now... I don't imagine that this will make the print edition, no??

·
Canadian By Choice
117,362 Posts
Sandy, just finished reading your column and thought "Why is this person not a citizen of ehMacLand?" I am not as observant as I might be, and now knowing that you are an ehMacLander makes reading the article all the more relevant. Kudos on this undertaking and may it be the first of many. Paix.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Make sure you check out Sandy's own site. Click the refresh button a couple of times there and look in the top right hand corner of the page. :D ;)

Some ehMac citizens are stars! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
All ehMac will become regular readers of the Mop & Pail!

How often will your column run?

And does this mean you'll be hanging around here more?

Like maybe more us can become stars? Like ehMax? ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To answer a couple of questions:

The column is Web-only for now.

iThink will appear every other week to begin with, then switch to weekly if I can make the deadlines.

I hang around here plenty, but I'll probably be here even more in future looking for stories, help and advice.

Interestingly, the #1 bit of feedback I've received so far from the first column has come from (apparently) US readers, who note that there is a $799 Mac available -- the low-end eMac. (Too bad that's $799 in US funds!)

Please do visit my site and poke around a bit. I'm very proud of the new layout, which uses CSS rather than tables, yet doesn't 'break' in Netscape 4.x. This is surprisingly hard to do, and I've been working on it for several months.

And, once again, if anyone has a Mac-related business they'd like to promote, please send me a banner ad (468 x 60 pixels please) and I'll add it to the rotation.

I don't have the time or energy to make banners for people, but maybe if you post a request for help in the forums here, you'll find someone with graphic talents and available time.

SMc

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Sandy - GREAT job!!!

ehMax - Funny as it rolled through the avatars, you could just put names to the avatars. Much fun. PosterBoy and his Vash avatar. Priceless!!! Nice job ehMax!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts