Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you taken the time to watch the new Mac Music ads? They are D-R-E-A-D-F-U-L...to say the very least!!!

It's like watching and listening to really bad Karaoke!!! You'd think that the ad campaign would be more appealing, given that the service is the best way to buy music in the world!!!

I will definately start using the service when it makes it to Canada. In fact, I think thi service will be a big help to the Music biz too. I have already identified four new artists that I will definately buy now...thanks to their 30-seconds of preview!

Too bad their ads won't convert many Windows users. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
My daughter and I were watching them on the iBook and she thought they were great. I just got a kick out of watching her sing along with the guy who does My Generation.

Who needs TV when you have kids for entertainment?

·
Premium Member
17,991 Posts
I think they're hilarious, especially that Nik guy, the shuffle he does at the end....

Also trés cool is the long little "Introducing iTunes Store" video by Iann Robinson of MTV (available on the Apple site, just click the "Music" tab). Once you get past his inane first minute or so, the rest of the video is great.

M.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I find them kind of funny, I believe the ad campaign is not aimed to change people over since the iTunes service will be available on the PC within the year. I believe its aimed at the music lover in us who just wants to sing along and have fun with the music they love.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
I especially liked the young boy and the pseudo-rocker singing "My Generation". Since the Stones were the music of MY generation back in the 60's, this is my favorite ad.

Still, the best one would be a Charlton Heston-like ad with an old man sitting by a small black and white TV with rabbit ears. He is seemingly asleep, until you see him nodding his head to the tunes of his youth...........with an iPod in his hands. He then looks up, stares directly at the camera and says "The only way you will take my iPod away from me is by taking it from my cold dead hands". Fade to white with the Apple logo, and a voice overlay of Jeff Goldbloom saying "The Apple iPod.....music for all generations."

The next month would see iPods, iMacs, iBooks and even 12"AlPBs being ordered faster than any one month period in the past, and even faster than for any one computer company EVER. People 60+ are an untapped market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts