Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
OK Am I the only one who read it as "iPod Touch: The Funniest iPod Ever" ?

I thought maybe it came preloaded with some George Carlin routines or summat.

·
Registered
133 Posts

That's what I saw too! First glance on iLounge, even on apple.ca
"The Funniest iPod Ever!"
I wonder if theres seven words we can never use to describe Apple products?
#1 Expensive (I'm still paying for my iMac)
#2 hmmmm.....

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I had to go back and reread the slides. I thought it was funniest too.
Trick of the mind, probably. The mind is used to the word "funniest" more than "funnest". Is "funnest" even a word?

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts

not the only one Trevor. I had to look at twice. i think it's the 'i' in ipod that makes the mind think it's in funniest..err..funnest

dang.. just did it again.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I was hoping for a slightly larger iPod Touch - say a 64GB version. I might still buy a new iPod Touch 32GB and keep my 80GB version for the bigger videos - I started using my iPod 80GB like an AppleTV - it's missing a few features but I make do. The iPod Touch would be better for my on-the-go use.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
I'm curious about those new IEMs.

Was there any mention of the new inline mic/speaker/remote with them? Would be nice if they made them to work with the iPhones.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Glitch on Apple Canada's Store... $249? ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Classic size

anyone know if the classic changed in size, as in will the old cases fit?
I'm going to wait until iLounge does a review, it it's like their last ones they go into all the details including actual battery times and all the dimensions. All I can gather so far is that it is "Thinner" so it might be around the width of the Classic 80 GB. I wonder if it's going to be a little more faster with the coverflow:lmao:

·
Registered
1 Posts
No stock

FWIW, I went to the Eaton Centre Apple Store this evening and they didn't have any iPod touches in stock. The two "genius" greeters I met at the front didn't understand me at first, as if they didn't know about the 2G touch. I see there are none listed on the web sites of Beam Echo or Carbon either.

Apple Canada late to the game again?

The "geniuses" didn't/wouldn't say when the product would be on shelves. I had all the zeal of a debut day newbie today and was going to buy. Now, I just don't know.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I called around Toronto yesterday and none of them know when they're getting stock of any new iPods.

I sold my 8GB touch and ordered a new 16GB yesterday, and it shipped last night :clap: So I might have mine before the Apple stores. If they happen to get stock, I'll buy one locally and return the one being shipped (which if they run true to form will be from China and will take a while).

The volume buttons and integrated speaker sold me on it.

That and the nanotech chips embedded in my body from my constant use of my Apple II back in 1983. They activate every September and make me buy a new iPod.

·
Registered
57 Posts
FWIW, I went to the Eaton Centre Apple Store this evening and they didn't have any iPod touches in stock. The two "genius" greeters I met at the front didn't understand me at first, as if they didn't know about the 2G touch. I see there are none listed on the web sites of Beam Echo or Carbon either.

Apple Canada late to the game again?

The "geniuses" didn't/wouldn't say when the product would be on shelves. I had all the zeal of a debut day newbie today and was going to buy. Now, I just don't know.
I think you would have a hard time filling up the fingers on one hand if you counted up all of the times products announced at keynotes or special events as being "available now" actually were available that day in Apple Stores in Canada. I'm not sure if it has even happened once. I guess you would be right about Apple Canada being late to the game again, but since they have almost never (maybe actually never) been the same day as the U.S., why fault them now?

Also, I think you were being sarcastic, but the greeters, as you called them, are definitely not Geniuses, but I wouldn't expect the Geniuses to know that information either. Apple is notorious for keeping retail staff in the dark for as long as possible. Why give yourself over 20,000 extra leak opportunities? SOMETIMES, the store manager (or acting manager) is told about things the day before they are to arrive, so the store is prepared with staffing, etc., but stores usually find out they have the new iPods, MacBooks, iMacs, etc. when the shipment of them arrives. Staff may say they are expecting a shipment, but that is a half-truth at best. They get shipments of some kind every business day.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts