Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, what do you know? Apple Posted the Ad.

Check it out.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I like it. And I found it funny, that there was a "half-shadow" from the people near their feet, as if there was one when it was filmed, but it was mostly taken out. Anyone seen it on TV yet?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MacMinute has a story about a new iPod television commercial that aired tonight on the West Wing. Lucky for me I have a satellite that has a west coast feed of NBC and I watched a bit until the commercial came on.

It's in the same visual style of the new print ads, but in motion. It's an alright commercial, and hopefully it will sell lots of iPods this holiday season.

From MacMinute:

Apple has begun airing a new television commercial that features the concept of the popular print campaign, but brings the medium alive with motion. The ad features black silhouettes with iPods dancing in front of vibrant colors to "Hey Mama" by the Black Eyed Peas. It concludes with: "iPod" then "Mac or PC" and finally the Apple logo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like it. Like dancing shadows that aren't quite shadows, or something.

Any word on why Apple is not using the Apple wordmark? Only the logo, in print and video for the iPod. Is this repercussions from the Apple Music lawsuit(s)?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
what a hot ad... what a hot ad!! the tempo is on point and the color story is nice too. I can't wait to start seeing these run.

I say the next set of ads - in the absolute same theme - should use the Andre 3000 single: "Hey Ya" - or better yet, the Big Boi single. :D

H!

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Apple hasn't been using the "Apple" wordmark in ages. They've been using just the logo for quite some time now. Don't think it has anything to do with lawsuit.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Bye the way, the commercial absolutely rocks! Think the silhouettes are white folks dancing? :D
Watched it over like 10x. What a funky ad. Hope they do more of them!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I liked the ibrator ad better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts