ehMac banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
One thing I miss from the old layout is that you could see the subject of the first thread in each section from the main page. Now you need to click on it to see where there is activity and what has recently be replied to.

·
peek-a-boo
16,234 Posts
The forum software is far better than that old bloated 3.something VB stuff, I bet it was Swiss cheese for security. Tho the top banner is a bit 'spammy' looking. It sort of lost that identity of what this place was. There's a handful of Mac forums still limping along with a similar vibe as that.

·
Premium Member
42,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Anything would have been better than the old search function which was basically useless as far as I was concerned. Actually closer to non-existent would be a better description...
I don't know how many times people were unable to find THEIR OWN POSTS using the search function and knowing exactly which search terms to use. — then relying on Google who did a better job of cataloguing content.

·
Premium Member
5,386 Posts
I’m going to have check this out on my MacBook. Like I say there’s no difference in Tapatalk.

·
peek-a-boo
16,234 Posts
I think this place was running VB 3 point something, that's like 2008. That was like Swiss cheese for security. Im surprised this wasn't updated a long time ago.

·
Used to be Tilt
234 Posts
I do not like the change at first glance, but I guess like everything else I can get accustomed to it slowly.

One question though - why should we as members see that a certain post has been reported by someone? When I click on "New" I see multiple entries of "Post reported by membername". Maybe we could just go back to the old way of showing the actual thread and one of the posts in said thread could be "Spam reported" or some such thing as it used to be?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
I get a little choked up thinking about what SINC, the former resident curmudgeon, would say about the change.

... and then I smile knowing he'd have had something to say. :cool:

Reactions: pm-r

·
Premium Member
15,407 Posts
One question though - why should we as members see that a certain post has been reported by someone? When I click on "New" I see multiple entries of "Post reported by membername". Maybe we could just go back to the old way of showing the actual thread and one of the posts in said thread could be "Spam reported" or some such thing as it used to be?

+1!!! I agree completely. Thanks for posting that Tilt, and your description is excellent as i was wondering how to phrase the same question.

- Patrick
=======

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Reminds me so much of automotive style forums but seems cleaner, faster. I guess we can't roll back to the old one if we wanted to.

·
Premium Member
42,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Reminds me so much of automotive style forums but seems cleaner, faster. I guess we can't roll back to the old one if we wanted to.
This is because VeritcalScope is an aggregator of auotmotive forums!

·
Premium Member
42,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I get a little choked up thinking about what SINC, the former resident curmudgeon, would say about the change.

No more words are necessary... !

·
Premium Member
15,407 Posts

And usually constructive, even though he did disagree with me about the length of text lines and their poor wrapping that I complained about several times with the old software.

Don often appreciated improvements but he didn't mince words if he didn't.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
17,731 Posts
And usually constructive, even though he did disagree with me about the length of text lines and their poor wrapping that I complained about several times with the old software.

Don often appreciated improvements but he didn't mince words if he didn't.

- Patrick
=======
Yeah it seemingly worked fine for those who kept current and were able to use Safari. Those of us stuck with older systems and therefore alternative browsers, certainly saw things go blooey whenever CM posted one of his bloated memes.

·
Premium Member
15,407 Posts
Yeah it seemingly worked fine for those who kept current and were able to use Safari. Those of us stuck with older systems and therefore alternative browsers, certainly saw things go blooey whenever CM posted one of his bloated memes.

Yes, very fascinating why some posts from some certain members would make the word wrap length go all blooey and would just not wrap correctly.

I think the same thing happened when using my older version of Safari, but it had troubles with all sorts of pages and I finally had to just quit using it as it was just too frustrating and a waste of time if a page just didn't display properly, when it would with Firefox or Chrome.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
Anyone else having issues with the site as in old posts from years and years ago moving to the top of the list and saying they were made 8 days ago? The Anything Mac section is a great example. In my recommended reading I get all sorts of really old topics for some reason.

·
Premium Member
17,731 Posts
Anyone else having issues with the site as in old posts from years and years ago moving to the top of the list and saying they were made 8 days ago? The Anything Mac section is a great example. In my recommended reading I get all sorts of really old topics for some reason.
Yep!
Also notice that editing takes an extra step and finding that button is not at all intuitive.

·
Premium Member
42,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Apple has a TV?

·
Premium Member
15,407 Posts
Anyone else having issues with the site as in old posts from years and years ago moving to the top of the list and saying they were made 8 days ago?

Yup. Sure annoying, isn't it?

I am beginning to wonder if all the admins are taking a leave of absence, or maybe just left and quit. Period.

It's beginning to make the site a bit of a PITA to use and navigate, as well as a waste of time checking on some of the post time stamps, to see if they are current or not.

I'm also beginning to think they don't read anything posted to the site itself in order to see what a mess parts of it are.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
17,731 Posts
Also failed to notice a couple of PMs. They're very well hidden, you have to actively check to stand a chance of finding them.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts