Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a new hd for my macbook and tried to reinstall tiger to it. All went well until the installer asked to insert the second disk. I have had a problem with my disk drive where once a disk is inserted, it can't be ejected unless I restart and hold down the button on the trackpad. Sometimes the disks will eject but when another is inserted the mac won't read it. This problem occurs randomly with all types of disks and has been a constant annoyance. So, how do I go about installing Tiger now, possibly without the second disk?

One last question... how do I install a disk image of my previous system (done in superduper) on this new drive?

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, so I got the new hd to work... now how to get my old stuff back on the new drive. I made a copy of everything on my old drive using superduper (made a disk image) and saved that to my external usb drive. Now where to go from there?

thanks

·
Premium Member
17,999 Posts
I have had a problem with my disk drive where once a disk is inserted, it can't be ejected unless I restart and hold down the button on the trackpad.
Just on the off chance that this may be the issue -- a couple of OS updates ago (10.4.8 or 10.4.9), there was a change made to the Eject button - you now need to hold it down for a couple of seconds to eject a disk, whereas before a simple tap would do the job.

·
Premium Member
17,845 Posts
Check for firmware updates. There was a recent one but I believe it addressed CD issues rather than DVD issues.

NOTE: the previous comment on the eject button delay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.