Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate being up this early.............but ze Apple Store, she is down. Looks like the rumor sites may have been right on the money for updates today.

Yay.........Refurb price drops, Firefly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Macrumors already has part numbers and specs up on the new iMacs but no pricing. Also for the Mac Pros.

·
Premium Member
3,020 Posts
Nice RAM bump on the 24" iMacs. All start at 4 gigs.

New minis have good specs.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Nice RAM bump on the 24" iMacs. All start at 4 gigs.

New minis have good specs.
Crazy high prices on the entry level iMacs, IMO.

The mini seems a little steep at $700 + as well. The sub-$500 mac remains elusive.

And for god's sake, for a $3,000 mac pro can they not put in an airport card as standard?

Meh updates.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Crazy high prices on the entry level iMacs, IMO.

The mini seems a little steep at $700 + as well. The sub-$500 mac remains elusive.

And for god's sake, for a $3,000 mac pro can they not put in an airport card as standard?

Meh updates.
I wouldn't want my MacPro to have wireless on it. It never moves anywhere and rarely do I ever want my production machine hooked up online, don't want to take any risks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
New Time Capsule, Airport extreme and keyboard as well.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
iMacs go up to 8GBs now.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Whats different about the keyboard from the last imac???
They've made the wired keyboard the same as the BT keyboard, just without BT.

I think some people are going to be ticked.

$10 says Apple will release the iNumberpad to connect via one of the USB hubs.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
I hate being up this early.............but ze Apple Store, she is down. Looks like the rumor sites may have been right on the money for updates today.

Yay.........Refurb price drops, Firefly.
Hehe MiM, we always look for those Refurb price-drops, eh? The old 2.0 Mac Mini dropped from $719-->$549... but the old 1.83 Combo Mini only dropped from $539->$499 Crummy.

The 2.8 24" iMac is down to $1399 from $1649. But the old 2.4Ghz 24" iMac is still $1349 (though I'm hoping it'll drop to $1199/1149 when it comes back in stock -- the 2.66 20"er dropped from $1399-->$1199).

Of note, there is now no currently shipping Mac with a Combo Drive. Both Minis now have superdrives!

Today is the death of the Combodrive, People!

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
interesting to note no FW400s on the mac pro either.

that is very interesting b/c even though FW800 is backwards compatible, that would mean new cables b/c I have mostly 400 cables and devices - just a few 800s.

·
Premium Member
20,720 Posts
Wow!!!! :eek: and not in a good way. Especially the pricing on the Mini, next to no speed increase, except purportedly on the graphics side, which you have to spend at least $1000 dollars to really see. A few extra USB ports, Firewire 800 (a good thing) and that is about it (I don't consider the change in display ports as an improvement). As an upgrade goes I would give it a 4/10. :(

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
FF, what do you think is a better deal? The refurb Mac Mini at $549 our the new lower-end Mac Mini? I agree about the now old and defunct 24-inch iMac. At $1149 or $1199, it would be tempting.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts