1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
You should refer to some of the recent threads. They had a lot of good feedback.

Now...why do we keep rehashing this topic to death. Aside from one or two bad reviews, people on here generally adore their eMacs...including THIS Mac maven!

My eMac rocks and it has been a DREAM for us. Noise is not an issue and the graphics are beautiful on this CRT monitor. Aside from thinkkign the flat-panel iMac is gorgeous...I far prefer the CRT on the eMacs to the LCD of the iMac. It is just so insanely crisp!!! Get an eMac! :D

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
The bulk of the issues that the eMac had were with the first revision (which is fairly typical really). The second revision had far far fewer issues, in fact I dont think there were any big problems that were across the whole line.

I am sure this line is even better.

I wouldn't worry too much.

--PB

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
What noise issue? They aren't that noisy at all. maybe I am just used to comparing them to PC desktops, but the thing runs quiet.

They all sound noisy compared to a Cube or an LCD iMac.

--PB

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Old eMacs with monitor problems are repaired with a new enhanced part from Apple. The new eMacs have this new enhanced part. So far so good with the new models.

There were quite a few problems as noted with the previous ones unfortunatley. Hey, what can I say about CRT?
LCD iMacs are VERY solid! (Aside from displays that were a little tilted).

Master Blaster, can understand the frustration with getting a bad machine. Just a really minor note about your post... Would be much easier to read if you wrote in paragraphs instead of dozens of small sentences. Just a friendly suggestion. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

My wife has one of the 1GHz eMacs with the SuperDrive and she likes it a lot. I'm not too sure what is meant by the 'noise issue' as this machine is pretty quiet.

James

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
MasterBlaster,

You switched from one of Apple's most expensive machines ever (one engineered from the ground up to operate silently) to one of Apple's least expensive machines ever (one which uses not one but two internal fans) and you're surprised that it's loud in comparison?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've had my emac since october and have nothing but good things to say about it. I just put in another 512meg of ram and it got even better.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
MasterBlaster, how long had it been since you bought it that you asked for an exchange?

And there are two, one inside the case blowing out the back and one on the powersupply blowing up into the case (towards the main fan).

--PB

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble, but anyone would be reluctant (to say the least) to refund or exchange a machine after two months.

LD has one of the most liberal return policies out there (I should know, I work there) and at best you *might* get an exchange (not a return) after 30 days, but not two months. Probably not though, considering that everything *was* to spec (despite being too noisy for your tastes, I assume the machine was in good working order).

Realistically speaking, if it was bad enough to complain about after 2 days, then maybe you should have brought within the next few.

--PB

1 - 18 of 18 Posts