Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how many of you are aware of this. But it was news to me. New EA games are now available on the online Apple store.

The Apple Store (Canada) - Software

I was happy at first, until I read the requirements, and found out NONE of them will run on my MacBook. :ptptptptp
None of them support GMA950. I'm hoping someone will post they can run it at low resolution and play it fairly smoothly... :rolleyes:

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
About time!

Battlefield 2142 looks amazing! Looks like I need some extra cash on the side of the iMac purchase. :)

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Sweet but.. I really want Madden 08. I'll probably pick up NFS Carbon tho.

I like Battlefield but don't think I'd play it enough to justify the purchase.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I hate EA for pumping out mediocre sequel after sequel. It's good though that someone in the industry is making an effor, even though it's late and not native. I played with NFS Carbon a bit, wasn't too impressed.

And no support for the GMA950, it's not native, so the windows specs are a good indicator of what you need, and with games like BF2142 requiring 128MB of video RAM...

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Take it from a recovering BF addict. BF1942 and BF2 are superb games mainly due to balance of playability and realism. BF2142, OTOH, is a futuristic shooter in the Halo realm. It gets boring very fast. Better to run Windows on your MacBook and play BF1942. There are some great mods for that game.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.