Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
201 Posts
I have the exact same burner, except mine is black. I haven't had any troubles with it as of yet. I haven't installed it in my eMac yet but as an external in an enclosure, its worked great. Not sure if there's any tinkering that has to happen after the original optical drive has been replace though . . .

· Premium Member
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone else have any experience with this burner? Will it work with iDVD? iMovie? finder burning?

thanks

· Premium Member
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Johnnydee, thats what I thought as well, just wanted to be sure. I have never looked at replacing my superdrive, and I was surprised at how cheap they were.

· Premium Member
2,475 Posts
wonderings said:
anyone else have any experience with this burner? Will it work with iDVD? iMovie? finder burning?

thanks
I have experience with that burner (in black, but otherwise the same.) In Tiger, it works perfectly and supports all functions - iApps, booting, Finder burning, Toast, etc. I got mine from a local generic PC shop, saving shipping.

· Registered
970 Posts
Gerbill said:
I have experience with that burner (in black, but otherwise the same.) In Tiger, it works perfectly and supports all functions - iApps, booting, Finder burning, Toast, etc. I got mine from a local generic PC shop, saving shipping.
I have the same one in Black and I, too, have had zero problems with it. I have mine in an external USB 2.0 enclosure and it works great with all the iApps and Toast and Finder burning.

Trev

· Left The Building
8,543 Posts
The OEM Superdrive (piece o' crap Sony) in my Rev A G5 dualie died in early December. I was looking at getting a Pioneer 111D to replace it; a local computer store didn't have it in stock so I took a chance and bought an LG H22N. It's terrific - very fast (18x as opposed to the Pioneer's 16x), and it works just fine. Haven't had any issues burning or reading discs. Tiger recognised it no problemo.

The LG has a lip at the front edge of the tray that has to be removed before installing it in the G5. The lip is too wide to clear the bay door of the G5 case.

All in all I'm really pleased with the LG.

· Premium Member
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. I picked up the pioneer drive yesterday, like you Doug, i have to take the front lip off the drive because it was to big. I havnt had a chance to test everything with it, but it loaded up a dvd fine. The reason I switched was I was having some troubles reading some dvd's with drive. For $50 this is a nice upgrade!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.