Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there fellas. I have noticed that the new CBC website is not compatible with Safari 5. Observations:

1. The weather box in the top left corner - visible in Firefox, but not in Safari
2. Number of comments on the home page - visible in Firefox, not in Safari
3. Comments in a particular news piece - again, visible in Firefox, not in Safari

This, inspite of reloading the page multiple times. I have the adblock extension, and I even tried disabling the extension, but same result.

Can anyone advise me on what I'm, doing wrong, or if everyone is facing this?

·
Premium Member
17,772 Posts
Have you tried setting cookie pref to allow all?

This resolved an issue I had on another site where Flash Player simply refused to do its thing with cookies set to site only.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Works too, see the exact same thing as SINC, down to 17' in Edmonton.

5.03 on a 2.5GHz C2D MBP (early 08).

·
Wescoastie in exile
255 Posts
Do you have an ad blocker running or Block pop-up windows enabled??
Working perfectly for me with the pop-up blocker active... also the weather is running via a back-end script, possibly php or asp.net, there's no flash on the site whatsoever. There is some rather nice jQuery though.

With everything working properly for all of us the issue would seem to be local to your copy of Safari... either a setting or damaged .plist maybe?

·
Premium Member
15,660 Posts
The weather box would not show for me until I disabled my Ad-Blocker.

Other than that, everything seems to be working here. Safari 5.0.3 Intel iMac 10.5.8.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah, I have reset Safari prefs, disabled adblocking, done everything possible.

Let me add a screenshot here. I have all settings enabled in Safari. Cookies set to allow. Everything else is the same.

Firefox screenshot for the news of "Battles Rage in ...." you can see that the count of comments is visible, which is 272 in this case. The weather is visible too.

In the Safari screenshot, you do not see the weather, nor do you see the count of the number of comments.

Screen shot 2011-03-05 at 8.06.45 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2011-03-05 at 8.06.48 PM.jpg

Dunno what might be the problem.

·
Premium Member
15,660 Posts
Have you cleared the Safari history + include Top Sites and empty cache and restart Safari???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you cleared the Safari history + include Top Sites and empty cache and restart Safari???
Yep. Done that. I think I found the problem. I had added individual domains to block in OpenDNS. I had set all those domains to 'Always Block'. I removed those domains, and removed the OpenDNS references from my router. That seems to be working. I will keep evaluating and update you all. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts