Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Really like the design and the navigation. Much better than before.

It would be nice to have a price list for RAM, hard drives, etc.

And I would correct all those mistakes in the french version. Can't help it, I'm a copy editor... :D

Regards

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Looks good to me! Nice and professional.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Very nice, theme is "Apple-like" with brushed alum feel. Soft but professional.
I see a typo on first page, on bottom with links,
"mian" instead of "main".
Ernie

·
Registered
523 Posts
Wow, I had no idea this store was in Ottawa. Will check you guys out next time I'm there. Are you authorised to give education discounts?

A few comments/suggestions:

1. On your welcome/splash page the greying out of the "English"/"Francais" options provides the incorrect cues to the visitor. When I see grey text in a GUI, it means something that is not active or selectable. Your eye gets drawn to what looks like a button, but is not, labeled "Welcome"/"Bienvenue". Of course the user eventually rolls over the language selection buttons and they become active, but that might be after clicking around a bit. I'd suggest finding a different way to provide the feedback in the roll over and make the text on the buttons more prominent than the "welcome" text - or make "Welcome"/"Bienvenue" language selection buttons as well, so doesn't matter which the user's eye goes to, same result.

2. On the "Creativity Centre" page

Why would a store that specializes in Apple computer sell graphic and fine art supplies.

needs a question mark.

Other than that, really nice clean website. Very visually appealing, good choice of fonts, very mac like! I appreciate sites like this, with attention to detail.

[edit 20031024 13:15]
Also, just noticed that your "Home" icon links to the splash page instead of the more intuitive choice of your main/index page. i.e. if someone is several levels deep in your site and wants to go back to see all their options again, they shouldn't need to re-select language preferences.
[/edit]

[ October 24, 2003, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: sinjin ]

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The descriptive element in the Games section, under The Sims appears to describe Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets...

I have no idea why I find this hysterical, but I laughed out loud when I spotted it...

:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
The site is much better than it was before.

I am disappointed that they didn't end up developping the "Shop Online" section that they said was "Under Construction" on their old site. Their Ottawa location is inconveniently located on Merivale Road, which is hard to get to from downtown if you don't have a car (like me). :D

Other than that...I like the site. Now, let's just hope their service and staff knowledge improves too...B.Mac seems to revel in mediocrity. :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.