Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I studied comp. I slightly apologize 4 not Creating a poll (anyways.) Does anyone see a 4k AppleTV this conference? or would u suspect Dece.?

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
In two to three years probably. The cable companies are not ready for people to have unfettered access to 4K streaming video. Apple didn't even move to 1080 until you could reasonably expect to get 1080 for whatever you wanted to watch.

·
Used to be Tilt
238 Posts
Apologies for going off-topic, but Bigmac02, I request you to please be kind to us and refrain from using text-speak here; and also please use proper punctuation wherever possible. I don't mean to be an arse, it's just easier for us to read and comprehend - that's all.

And welcome to the forum :)

Cheers

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Not sure what this is about Tilt. I see his post as normal text, but you have roused my curiousity. Do you have something enabled on your Mac that I don't? :)

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Not sure what this is about Tilt. I see his post as normal text, but you have roused my curiousity. Do you have something enabled on your Mac that I don't? :)
I think its the short form of words he is using, I had no issue comprehending it, but the getting older man in me prefers to see words written out properly.

I would hope 4K comes out sooner then 2 to 3 years. 4K tv's are already well within budget, getting cheaper and can even be found below $1000 at times. Streaming services like Netflix already offer 4K programs. I do not have a 4K tv yet, but if an Apple TV came with 4K I would probably go out and buy one much sooner.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
I think its the short form of words he is using, I had no issue comprehending it, but the getting older man in me prefers to see words written out properly.

I would hope 4K comes out sooner then 2 to 3 years. 4K tv's are already well within budget, getting cheaper and can even be found below $1000 at times. Streaming services like Netflix already offer 4K programs. I do not have a 4K tv yet, but if an Apple TV came with 4K I would probably go out and buy one much sooner.
Ah, thanks wonderings, the getting older man in me thought Tilt was referring to something vocal when he wrote about speak. ;)

·
Used to be Tilt
238 Posts
I think its the short form of words he is using, I had no issue comprehending it, but the getting older man in me prefers to see words written out properly.*SNIP*
Since, what Wonderings said :)

I was not angry at BigMac02. It is just that I had to make a (slight) effort to read his post rather than just absorb it in a glance as I usually do with proper sentences. That's why I requested him to please refrain from doing so.

Cheers

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think Apple is waiting because there still is little 4K content, although it would be nice to watch your own 4K iPhone 6 + 7 videos on your own ATV :)

I watched 4K streaming on a 70 inch TV screen and though it looks pretty fantastic, I'm glad I wasn't the one who paid $6K for the TV and $150/month for cable. The owner also kept pointing out banding on his LG TV.

I don't think it's ready for prime time yet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aren't others real excited .. or is it just me??

Thanks f listening Apple team!! 'tv app' coming in
ONE month. the only thing they did wrong was not being able to
put two A10X processors in.. one day Apple,one day...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts