Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This really stood out in my mind from Macworld. It has been done for a while but seem to disappear for a number of years. Rotating your screen for a portrait look!

Real nice for publishing print and for the web.

Here is what the press kit said and I included a picture from Macworld.

To meet the needs of the widest audience, the RADEON 9800 Pro Mac Edition offers the ability to rotate the Mac OS X desktop, allowing the benefits of full acceleration in both landscape and portrait orientations. A large number of Digital Flat Panel products already ship by default with rotating supports and there are third-party mounting solutions available for most displays as well, including Apple Cinema Displays.

VERSAVISION preserves the full speed, clarity and feature-set of the RADEON 9800 Pro while allowing a more natural presentation of content such as portrait-oriented artwork, text documents (document publishing, email), web pages and spreadsheets. The feature fully supports dual displays as well.

To meet the needs of the widest audience, the RADEON 9800 Pro Mac Edition offers the ability to rotate the Mac OS X desktop, allowing the benefits of full acceleration in both landscape and portrait orientations. A large number of Digital Flat Panel products already ship by default with rotating supports and there are third-party mounting solutions available for most displays as well, including Apple Cinema Displays.

VERSAVISION preserves the full speed, clarity and feature-set of the RADEON 9800 Pro while allowing a more natural presentation of content such as portrait-oriented artwork, text documents (document publishing, email), web pages and spreadsheets. The feature fully supports dual displays as well.

-

-

-

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
but why?
really wanna have your cinema display sitting like that?
perhaps if they design a monitor to sit like that it would be better but still looks weird.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
really wanna have your cinema display sitting like that?
So you don't have to scoll down on long ehMac threads. :D

(that would just be sad if you did it for that reason!)

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe it opens the door for the Special 20th Edition of the iMac with rotating LCD monitor ( Landscape and Rotate to Portrait )

I think the idea is sweet, the 20 Apple Display on it's side looks dumb, with the feet sticking out the side, but you can use third party monitor also. You have to go out and purchase a heavy duty arm/stand to mount the monitor.

There is a company in Cambridge, ON that makes these type of metal arms for medical use ( The name escapes me, if anyone has a link let me know. )

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the website of the company in Cambridge, ON.

http://www.mediamounts.com/

But I get a blank screen when going to the site. I will try it on another machine and see, May be my machine or the Java Applet they use. Does anyone have a link to other companies that make the movable arm mounts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts