Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
You're closer to the flagship Soho N.Y.C. store or even the smaller Albany and Buffalo N.Y. stores. The Chicago store is nice, though...

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
That is one kick-butt looking Apple Store! Two-stories, wow... we need one of those here! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
You know, I've been to the Apple store in Atlanta, GA and it is in a nice upscale mall... I can see them making a go of that.

But this? No way... that is some serious coin to drop in a store front retail operation. whoever approved that was out of their mind... Jobs should fire their ass after they pay for that store.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
But this? No way... that is some serious coin to drop in a store front retail operation. whoever approved that was out of their mind... Jobs should fire their ass after they pay for that store.
Actually, the better and more attractive a store looks, the higher the chance people will visit the store. A ugly looking store won't attract a great deal of visitors, so to say.

This looks like exactly something Apple would make - sexy looking store. ;)

·
Canadian By Choice
117,498 Posts
My wife is flying to Chicago on July 4th..................to pick up a doxie puppy!!!! :eek: Our anniversary is on July 28th, so maybe someone will be getting an iPod as a gift? We shall see.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Closest one in my area is around 60/70 miles away and it's a joke.
Their grand opening and for a few weeks was fine but they replaced all the starter employees with local talent. The local talent remind me of wal-mart rejects. /shame\

Do have an independent mac store closer though. The tech appears to know his stuff. Their main display guy sucks bigtime though! The manager is cool but he has $$s for ears,mouth and brains. Stopped at a pet store down the way and bought cheap collars ... slapped them on the managers desk and said -Here! Give these to your fellow-human help.- <gr>

Hi Guys!
Been a while since I stopped in to say hey. :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was in Chicago 2 weeks ago when they were still finshing up the interior. I was staying in the peninsula hotel across the street and had lots of fun spying on the delivery people bringing in the new macs. Also as for the actual store design, it is on Michigan Ave, which is one of the most upscale and busiest shopping streets in the world. Most important companies have high profile retail stores there. Btw, there is a 4 story niketown right next to it and a very BIG Sony store on the other side. (Across the street)

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Wow... I wanna work @ an apple store!!! Wonder if they make a premium considering the units are sold at that price. :confused: ;)

Look at the interior... Looks like a library - nice attention to decor (as expected). Look at @ the shots of the store opening. wow. Nice find Neil...

I've been looking to take a trip to visit family in the Windy City (windiest might be Miami!). This is more reason to now.

addendum: did you cats take a look at the presents & workshops, and the classes offered?? awesome.

H!

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
That store is almost the same as in Soho, NYC. Been there and was very impressed.

If you are going to build in an upscale area then the building should impress. Apple is not trying to woo the Walmart crowd. They are after those with big bucks who can purchase something a lot better than your average PC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts