Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.com.com/2100-1015_3-5157786.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=news
<blockquote>This new Microdrive weighs less than a AA battery, has a footprint measuring less than one square inch, and can hold almost 2,800 times more data or images than a diskette."

[...]

The Microdrive product also is designed to the Compact Flash Type II industry standard, and can work with a number of digital cameras, Nguyen said.</blockquote>
I bet there's a lot of photographers in the world that are quite happy about this.

·
Registered
406 Posts
There was a thread on RedFlagDeals about how you could buy I believe it was a new Rio MP3 player in the US for a couple hundred bucks that included this microdrive. You then opened up the MP3 player and took out this drive inserted a smaller standard Compact Flash and then used this drive in your camera.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Actually, the battery on the new mini is much more durable than the old ones. It is supposed to last thousand of charges before going below 80%. This is one of the reason of the high price of the mini.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Well lets consider this for a moment. 512MB Compactflash card, retail runs close to 180$, for roughly 60 or so over that, you can get an ipod mini, crack it open, and get the CF card. In much cheaper than it would cost to get a 2GB card at a specialty shop. 1GB cards like from Lexar range between 260$ to 299$

You just gota wonder, will the CF card even work in anything other than the ipod its pluged into.

(the above prices are USD)

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AFAIK, the hard drive in the iPod Mini is an actual hard drive though, not built to the CF spec.

I guess we'll have to wait and see one gutted to be sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts