Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just received an email from Griffin Technology telling me that they are cancelling my order on my iFM due to a few factors...one of them including:

Second, producing the iFM for the new 3G iPods proved to be impossible due to technical changes in the new models.
We have been working very hard to find a solution for the iFM for the new 3G iPods. It was our desire to release for both iFM models at the same time. When we exhausted all possible solutions for the 3G iFM - that's when we were forced to make this difficult decision.
WOOOOHOOOO!!!

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Given that there seems to be a technical limitation in offering 3rd party FM radio capability to the 3G iPods, my guess is that the 4G iPods announced next Tuesday will have FM receivers built-in (maybe with a mic too).

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I suspect that they'll keep the existing form in which add-ons can be plugged into the headphone jack (i.e., microphone, video screen, etc). The design works and it's selling, so why mess with a good thing?

Maybe we'll see a new line-up as far as capacity is concerned: 20-40-60 GB would seem right, followed by a bump-up to 30-60-90GB by fall 2004.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I don't think we'll see 90 GB iPods, mostly because there's no such thing as a 90 GB HD. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Pamela - Don't feel bad, many other people have made that mistake. (That is why MR posted a clarification).

Lars - Never say never ;) There could be 90 GB HDs, but not likely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts