Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OH MY FREAKIN' GOD I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOOVVVVE MY NEW IPOD!!!!!! THESE NEW ONES ARE GOOOOOORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I just wish they weren't so expensive. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
I still prefer the old iPods, for two main reasons:

a) battery life

and

b) button layout.

I would like the 40GB's however. My 20GB is getting full...

But which ever version it is, the iPod is an amazing product. IMO, Apple is still a long way in front of any of the competition...

·
Registered
246 Posts
jonmon, make the plunge man. It's worth it. Unfortunately it's one of those things that you have own one to fully appreciate it.

You know how you get frustrated sometimes trying to convey how great Macs are to people? Well, I feel the same way talking about iPods even to Mac people.

It's worth every penny.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I agree with Sander. One of the people I work with wanted one, so I ordered him one (Gen3 10GB) on my AppleStore account. (It took 5 days to get to the middle of nowhere, from Singapore no less. People I work with were stunned at the fast shipping; it's unheard of).

He loved it, but had a major financial hit about a week later, and decided it had to go, so I bought it from him.

Absolutely amazing device, and no-one who sees it isn't impressed, if not blown away. Get one in your hands for a week and you won't regret it.

Apple has sold over a million iPods.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a new 20gb iPOD 2 days ago.
...and yes, everyone does seem mesmerized when they hold it. It's definitely beautiful to look at and touch. I spent alot of time thinking about this buy and I'm not sorry.(I was expecting to pay more for a 15 gb, so it was great when the dealer said there were newer, bigger, CHEAPER models....YES PLEASE!) :D

I can't believe how well designed this is. If you have any need for a portable firewire drive I think the cost is much easier to justify.

·
Registered
588 Posts
now here's a question, I am seriously looking to buy an ipod as a 'data mover/music player' but it seems the new ones have a proprietary firewire connection... I'd like it if it had the standard connector.

What is the biggest ipod (HD) with that standard firewire connector?

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Ahh Sander you are the devil's advocate!

The firewire drive feature for backup purposes as bucktoof mentioned is also a strong argument.

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
I resisted the whole iPod thing until earlier this year and took a chance.

Man, I should have bought one earlier

I sold my 20GB iPod last week dand have using my new 40GB model since then.

For me its a saviour since it holds not only my tunes but all the software updates, diagnostic tools, etc... that I need for my job.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My final argument why iPods are so great besides the points already mentioned: Health.

I don't know about other iPod users but ever since I got my 5GB (I now have the 15GB), I lost more than 20 lbs. I am just more active thanks to my iPod. I walk to places all the time now. It's awesome. Just go get one. I paid $690 including taxes for my first 5 GB iPod and I think even that is worth it. So now you get four times more capacity for less money. That's a steal. ;)

Great music. Great health. Great mood.

Cheers.

·
Registered
160 Posts
As far as battery life on the new ones go I have had a REV 2 10 GB and my current REV 3 and I have never been in the situation where 8 hours wasn't enough.

Even on a 12 hour bus ride to Sault Ste Marie I can plug it in at the Sudbury layover. I'd take the smaller size and ability to make playlists on the go anytime.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Is the only way to listen to it externally through the dock or does the ipod itself have audio out? What is the solution for playing one over a car stereo?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I got my 40gig last week and haven't stopped using it, I think its the best piece of hardware I have bought in ages. I especially like the way you can Sync it with iCal and the adress book. I haven't any use for a full blown PDA but these 2 functions are great.

I also got PodQuest which automatically puts mapquest directions on your iPod. Overall I have no regrets about buying this thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts