Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
A few times in the past Compusmart has had ridiculously low prices, and it wound up being on one machine in a store somewhere. They never came through. Now that they're going out of business, who knows though? Someone should post if they obtain one of these!

·
Registered
781 Posts
And it'd be slower than my MacBook... but perhaps with this price I could convince the parentals to switch to Mac. :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Try a price match at Future Shop with a copy of the Compusmart On-line ad.
Don't waste your time... because I did for you:(

Neither Future Shop or Best Buy will match this because...

a) No one will pick up the phone at the Toronto Compusmart Store to verify that they have this in stock.

b) Call the 1-888 number only to find out they don't have them in stock and maybe never will. They'll take your order and credit card number and put your name on the back order list, but it doesn't mean you'll get one.

And finally both FS & BB will not price match if the competing store doesn't have the product in stock for immediate purchase. I was also told by a sales rep that even if they did manage to verify the stock you'd have to jump through so many other hoops that by the time it was over you'll wonder if it was worth it!

Good Luck though if you did get one at the CS price or cheaper! It's a great deal to be sure considering cost for this computer is $1028.

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
As said before, Compusmart has a history of having these non-existent sales.

http://www.ehmac.ca/496794-post2.html

That's been up there for a week or so... it is a really good price, but I feel like it may already be gone... those Compusmart deals are usually only 1 or 2 units. (like the MBP 1.83 that they had for $1399 in September).

·
Registered
156 Posts
In the almost 12 hours since the first post, the price has now jumped $100 to just under $900.

Oh, and the Online Availability blurb has changed from "Usually ships on the same or next business day" to "Available soon. Order now to get in line". (which is the same blurb they had on some real good deals on Mac Minis a couple of months ago when they were all gone by the time they were posted on the website).

Has anyone ordered one and got confirmation?

·
Registered
334 Posts
And it'd be slower than my MacBook... but perhaps with this price I could convince the parentals to switch to Mac. :)
Plus it's not portable and has the GMA950 as well. This machine is outstanding for a select demographic and almost useless to others.

Good price anyway.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Tons of these iMacs at Compusmart Downtown Montreal at $799. I guess they're taking orders online and will release those left over once the store closes for good.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The Compusmart Ad has disappered!!

It's gone... vanished completely!

I wonder how many Apple dealers went beserk when they saw the price yesterday.

Wonder how many chewed the ears off their Apple Reps.

No wonder consumers have so little respect for retail whores.

Advertise a product worldwide, way below cost with absolutely no stock to fill orders.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.