Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience with my new 12" Rev B. 1Ghz Powerbook (Superdrive model) which I picked up from Digital Prototypes the other day.

This is by far the best machine i've seen in a long time. My previous machine was a TiBook 867, however I was always worried about it's fragile build & screen hinges (it was a beautiful machine nonetheless).

Apple has made amazing improvements with the Aluminum line of Powerbooks.

In case anyone is interested, the Rev B 12" Powerbook runs extremely cool, much more so than my previous Powerbook. I've been copying CD's, gaming, etc and it's only gotten moderately warm at best.

The build quality of this machine is what blows me away. It feels like a portable tank :)

All-in-all, this new little beast is one heck of a machine. I'm one satisfied customer!

Cheers,
D

·
Registered
588 Posts
Wow thanks for the review network23canada!

It makes me feel even more happywarmfuzzy that I ordered a new 12"r. Of course I am tortured since I am waiting another 10 bus days till it arrives. (best case senario)

I ordered the 12" Alum without actually seeing one. I figured it was pretty similar to the 867 'hottie'

Who says anticipation is the best part?!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers dibenga.

You surely won't be disappointed. Although i've never had the chance to use a Rev A. 12" Powerbook, the Rev B's certainly don't have heat issues. I am still in amazement of how well built this little guy is.

The keyboard is rock solid, the screen is perfect, as I said in my post above, it's the most impressive thing i've seen in a long time.

Enjoy!

D

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Hey Darren,

I knew you wouldn't be disappointed! I have sold tons of 12" PB's and everyone has been real happy. The only one that has negative feelings toward them is my service manager. He has had to rip a couple apart and he says they are the best built laptop he's worked on. Good news for consumers but bad news for him since they are such a bear to get apart!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
That is so nice to hear actually. Been looking to see/here something like this. I loved the initial 12" conceptually, but the few of issues - esp the heat/warping - is what kept me from getting this. Such a great $ too. But. I've been more recently challenging my purchase of the 15".. not sure why. Will maybe snap out of it. But I need a bit more power for sure.

H!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts