Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

new 12.9 iPad Pro setup

760 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  csonni 
#1 ·
Just had my iPad Pro delivered after a rather lengthy wait. I ordered about 20 minutes after pre-order started.
Anyways, I want to start off on the right foot. I can put my old iPad Pro next to it to set it up apparently. Or, would it be better to set it up as a new one and not carry over anything but redownload and install all my purchased apps? The only real database I have for any app would be with DevonThink-To-Go. All the other apps have data stored in the Cloud, Dropbox, etc.

#2 ·
I've decided to go with th Automatic setup by having the 2 iPads near each other.
Setup seems a bit flukey. I didn't even get much of the digital barcode into the camera of my old iPad before it was detected. Then, on my old iPad it says, "Finish on New iPad...keep the iPad near while information is transferred." The new iPad told me there was a new iPadOS available, so, I tapped download and now it's being installed. On the old iPad, it is now telling me it's waiting for software update. Kind of leaves you wondering it you did something right. I don't think Apple explains that part anywhere.

#3 · (Edited)
Entered my Apple ID to complete setup and now it appears to be stuck on that part with the spinning progress wheel. Tapping "Continue" does nothing. Exited Settings and tried again. Entering Apple ID password still goes nowhere. It says "some account services will not be available until you sign in." Maybe I'll try restarting the iPad. Something's not right.

#6 ·
Sort of like so many install things from Apple lately, give them enough time and they may fix themselves.

Wouldn't it be nice if Apple could improve the user interface with maybe even a message saying give me a fair bit of time to finish here or something to indicate it is still working or doing something. Even a spinning gear wheel would help with some sort of message so it doesn't appear to be just stalled.

- Patrick
=======

#7 ·
When firing up Music app, I was notified of 3 months of free Apple Music. Signed in with my Apple ID and password and when submitting, final word was I already had a trial with the associated Apple credentials. Should be available since I just bought a very expensive new iPad Pro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.