Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uggghh... I feel like I'm crashing. I ate an entire package of Halls this afternoon to try and kick this cold/throat thing. I have vague recollections of logging into ehMac and posting stuff. I also feel I must apologize for that. I don't think I was completely off the high it produced...

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Patrick , Fishermans Friend are the best, suck on 3 of those in a 5 minute session and your mouth is on fire

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Well hope you all get better soon, Strongblade... some of your posts seem uhh... eccentric?

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
garlic, garlic, garlic - not powder but the real live stuff
for sore throats, buy zinc lozenges
they not only soothe but help kill bacteria/germs that love to live in your throat

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the battle has begun.

Chicken Noodle Soup, Crackers, Benylin formula and even more Halls (properly rationed this time). Add in lots of water and hopefully some rest and I'm on my way...

Thanks for the suggestions though. I will be expanding my arsenal over time...

Now if only i didn't have to go to work, even Friday... *SIGH*

:cool:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
levarg worriedly exclaimed:
Sounds like you all have SARS

Nope. That would have killed me outright. I have a cold. I also have a box of tissue and over 4 hoours of tech support calls to look forward to today...

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Tech support taking calls? In Ottawa huh? Where do you work, Bell or Convergy's? Or is there another helpdesk I'm not aware of in Ottawa?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
a7mc queried:
Tech support taking calls? In Ottawa huh? Where do you work, Bell or Convergy's? Or is there another helpdesk I'm not aware of in Ottawa?

Actually, neither. I'm working at Adobe, for their internal IS Service Desk.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Ah, I see. Good for you... cuz Bell or Convergy's is just... well... bad. ;) I've heard good things about Adobe.

I used to work at Entrust on the helpdesk, but doing support for their suite of PKI software, so not really "taking calls". But we worked with Adobe (formerly Jetform) with some integration between their form product and TruePass.

Now I moved to Toronto to pursue an education in art. Pretty drastic change of pace from high-tech to art, I know, but hey... you take what life throws at ya! :cool:

Good luck taking those calls while you're sick. I used to do it. I feel for you.

A7

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sounds like everyone in this thread needs a good shot of Buckley's Mixture!

It'll kick the sick right out of you!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
a7mc mentioned:
I used to work at Entrust on the helpdesk, but doing support for their suite of PKI software, so not really "taking calls". But we worked with Adobe (formerly Jetform) with some integration between their form product and TruePass.

Neat!

I have a couple of friends working there. Steffan Watkins and John Walcott. Maybe you've worked with them in some capacity?

Vorvis exclaimed:
Sounds like everyone in this thread needs a good shot of Buckley's Mixture!

It'll kick the sick right out of you!

That's not all it'll kick out of you. Say, did anyone see a spleen come flying through here?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts