Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just downloaded the new Netscape 7.1 browser. It is much much faster than before though it does take a while to launch. Once you use it I have found it to be as fast or faster than Safari and much faster than I.E. Try it and post your results. It does give us one more alternative to I.E. for those pages with which Safari has trouble. I was very pleasantly surprised. I suppose that the next version of Camino will probably have speed increases also since it is an offshoot ot Netscape/Mozilla.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I will give it a try and post back.. I've been using dailies of Camino.. and recently.. they've been unstable but that is to be expected.

Cheers,

RtC

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have tried Netscape 7.1 and like it. It is fast and feature rich, though some may not want all the bloat(55 MB!!!). My main browser for awhile has been Camino and yes IE 5.2.3. Yes IE is slower than I would like but has unique features such as the Scrapbook that I find to be more usefull than tabs. To be honest I do not like Safari as of yet. Can't say why...it just does not feel right to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts