Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having trouble receiving their rebate from this company ?
I bought a 614 router from Future shop for $90 on dec 27 2002. Rebate for $40 sent to a North Bay address. On Monday I finally received a cheque from a NY address for only $20. Of course I can't locate the rebate info. And Future shop seems to have every rebate offer except that one. If bought now this unit has a rebate of $10.
The website wheresmyrebate.com -states- e-mail will be read but not responded to.

Any other recourse ?

With rebate coupons , my advice would be to get the retail store to photocopy everything.

Thanks
David

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I don't buy things with Mail in Rebate, they can keep them.. they are too much trouble, if they want to do that they should just give you the deal.. but that would too easy..

Just think of all the time (photocopies, getting envelopes, postage stamps) that you waste on those things.

I would complain everytime there is a Mail in rebate on anything, just to make a point that I will not buy a product with a mail in rebate. I've done in on a few occasions with Futureshop.

Cheers,

RtC

·
Registered
68 Posts
Net Gear tried to screw me on a rebatat for a hub bought at future shop. Said that the upc code wasn't valid. I took the photocopies of the original paper work to future shop and they gave me the rebate. Stil a hassle to wait and make an extra trip into town. Probably won't be buying any NetGear stuff again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been back to Future Shop. It was an internet promotion. They don't seem to have it listed on their computers. I called the Future Shop call centre yesterday. I was on hold for @ 20 minutes the 1st time while they tried to set up a 3 way call with Netgear. On my 2nd call I was only on hold for 10 minutes ! Finally, I was connected with a nasty, black, American, female, Netgear rebate clerk.
If I don't have a copy of the rebate,they won't do anything. I wonder if Futureshop made a mistake in their promotion.
Regardless, I've wasted enough time trying to correct this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts