Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my old NEC 21" monitor may be dead from SMDS. Hoping it's just a fuse but just in case looking for monitor recommendations. This will be used for photo-editing.

Looks like the old Mac Pro 4,1 has a mini display port on the Radeon Card plus of course the now obsolete VGA. Standard Radeon card. Will it swing anything bigger than 1080x1920P? or should I limit it to that size?

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
Either go cheap 1k ( 1920 )
or
4k even if you cannot drive it to 4k just yet. It will be fine at a lower resolution - likely fine at 2k which the Apple Cinema displays ran at.

We like the Philips offerings with their good tech and excellent warranty
276E9QDSB/75 Buy the Philips LCD monitor with Ultra Wide-Color 276E9QDSB/27 LCD monitor with Ultra Wide-Color We have them at $290
Stunning color, stylish design

Monitors are all up in price. The 4k is up to $490 from $390 since we last bought. Clients have been pleased
unknown.tiff

·
Premium Member
17,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MacDoc.

I feeel 27 inch is just a bit too big to run 1080x1920. Need to run higher res to go any bigger than 24 inch. Fuse should come in today so should know soon whether it's time to hit the panic button.

I really like the NEC 2090UXI you sold me 9 years ago and would dearly love to be able to revive it. I know the fuse is dead and the diodes are OK. Sadly I have not located the right power supply board so not much sense in further troubleshooting should replacing the fuse fail to fix things.

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
You can run 2k from your existing machine - why is that an issue. Just get a 4k monitor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts