Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if you all know this, I just sorta stumbled upon it and thought it was quite useful when using expose'

When in the application mode or all window expose mode if you push tab you can flip thorugh individual applications and alll thier relevant windows. :D just thought I'd share.

If you already knew it, sorry! But I'm sure there has to be some one like me who didn't know that before

Cheers! :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
How about this one:

You're working in an app, and you want to drag a file from your desktop or a folder (or text or a picture from another app's window) to the app window you're in. Hit the "Show Desktop" Exposé key, grab the item you want to drop, hit the Exposé key to tile the windows WHILE STILL HOLDING THE ITEM WITH YOUR MOUSE, drag the mouse over to the window you want to drop it into... and drop it in.

As I suggested, you can also do it between two app's windows: grab text from a browser, Exposé tile all windows and then drag it into that email you're typing up. That window or email document will "unExposé and you can drop it in.

Way cool. :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Hey I'm probably being thick, but none of this seems to work for me. If for example I launch a new new e-mail, then F11 to reveal the desktop, grb a file, keep the mouse clicked and then F9 to find my e-mail window again, drag & drop won't work. Same thing for text between apps (although obviously copy & paste will). Anyone with the patience to give me a step by step? Anything needs to be configured in my settings?

Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moscool,

Depending on the delay time you have set(its probablly the default) make you sure you hold whatever it is you want to drop over the expose'd app for a sec or two, then it will blink and then you can drop it in once the window/app is borught to the front. I don't know if it has anything to do with spring loading windows in the finder prefrences but, it should work if you just hold whatever it is you want to drop over the exose'd window/app :D

The joys of expose' How will we ever go back to anything less once we have been spoiled by its magic?

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Yep, you have to wait for the window you want to drop it into to blink and come forward (it blinks like a spring-loaded folder would).

I created a blank email, then switched back to this thread, selected and grabbed (not copy->paste) the text of your post, hit the Expose´ tile windows command while holding the text, dragged and held the text over the blank email, after a second the email blinked and came forward... and I dropped the text in.

Too cool! :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Adrian

Thanks.l i have managed to drag & drop on a re-exposed window, i.e. one that comes back to the front in full size, but I can't seem to drop into the shrunk windows. I'll check the manual again later today...

Regarding 'going back' I totally agree, especially if read the review of WinPlosion on Macbidouille! (In French, towards the bottom of the page)

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
I don't think you can drop onto a shrunken window...

can you?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
BTW, if you don;t want to wait for the window to spring up, just hit the Expose key again to pop up the windows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.